Homebrew Is it possible to run a heretic on nintendo dsi/3ds?

MgPeanut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see hexen for ds slot 1, posible run heretic on slot 1 card in dsi/3ds? i have r4 & acekard. Non cpu card like dstwo or some like dstwo!
I try change hexen WAD to heretic WAD but have error in hexends.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

if you will not help, or give information that may help him, you shouldn't not answer.

MgPeanut do you mean its a slot 2 homebrew (that runs on a gba card)?

if it runs on a normal card (like r4 acecard or dstwo) on a DS, it will be the same thing on a 3ds, there is no difference.

if its an homebrew which tries to access data on the sd card, probably you will need to dldi patch it...

if the problem is "hexends" are you sure you put the right wad in the right place?

could you please tell me what you do, i will try to give a try on my DS and tell you what is the problem?

MgPeanut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you will not help, or give information that may help him, you shouldn't not answer.

MgPeanut do you mean its a slot 2 homebrew (that runs on a gba card)?

if it runs on a normal card (like r4 acecard or dstwo) on a DS, it will be the same thing on a 3ds, there is no difference.

if its an homebrew which tries to access data on the sd card, probably you will need to dldi patch it...

if the problem is "hexends" are you sure you put the right wad in the right place?

could you please tell me what you do, i will try to give a try on my DS and tell you what is the problem?

in hexends i put in right place(i swap hexen.wad to heretic.wad(i try change name& no chenge name)
hereticds have 2 file gba&nds but he need more ram or gba-slot card for run.

hexends run good, so i think heretic can run to in slot 1 card like on r4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Right, follow these steps:
  1. Download dsHeretic 0.3 from here, you can also download the music if you want to: http://heretic.drunkencoders.com/download.html
  2. Acquire Heretic.wad and put it in the same directory. If you are using the Shareware version of Heretic, rename Heretic1.wad to Heretic.wad.
  3. Unzip gbfs.zip into the same directory. If you are using music, unzip it as well
  4. Your folder should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/RQcvxJS.png (you probably won't have hereticfs.wad, but that's okay - it will be generated by the .bat, my bad :P)
  5. Hit make either with or without music. Once the process finishes, you should get a file called dsHeretic.ds.gba
  6. Rename that file and put it on your SD card
This should work fine.

EDIT: Does not. Huh.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
can u upload complete folder
Actually, I've just re-tested the game (I used it a couple years back and went off memory here) and for some reason I'm getting a white screen in AKAIO and HBMenu, I'll have to investigate this. As for the folder, I can't give it to you because it's copyrighted stuff - following the instructions should suffice.

EDIT: Looks like you're right - it uses gbfs, so it refuses to load. Shame. :sad:

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything using GBFS, or PAFS (used in PAlib), will require being run on a slot-2 device in DS mode. You need something like a slot-2 Supercard (not Supercard Rumble series), or M3 Perfect (mayyyybe M3 Pro, not sure on that one), a slot-2 G6, or a regular old NOR-based flash cart run in DS mode via a NoPass device or a FlashMe'd DS.

Two other noteworthy homebrew that needs a slot-2 device are this Zelda minigame and SnezziDS, the precursor to SNEmulDS.

I suspect you might get it to work by flashing it to the NOR of an EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack and using your slot-1 device to boot it in DS mode somehow, by emulating the functionality of a slot-1 NoPass device.

Sorry for linking every third word in this post. I'm bored and felt like linking to some interesting reading. >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.