Homebrew Question Is it possible to restore from an older rawnand when upgraded by OFW?

Vidness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ageold question, and I've gone through quite a few threads. Here's my exact situation:

1.) Started on 8.1 cfw, backups of boot0, boot1, rawnand (30gig).
2.) Used OFW to update to 9.0.1
3.) Applied Atmosphere, but just *1* game of mine didn't work, so I used the rawnand above (with no backup of 9.0.1)
4.) Did a lot of research why this is bad (pkg2 failed decryption)
5.) Bought another switch, updated to 9.0.1
6.) Applied atmosphere, backed up completely
7.) Decrytped my new switch's rawnand partitions (that I could)
8.) Encrypted them to my old switch
9.) Still doesn't boot after hekate (pkg2 failed decryption)

Am I hosed? My old switch has no backup of 9.0.1, just 8.1. Is there some way to boot directly to ChoiDujour to apply the latest firmware again? I'd gladly take the state of that 1 game not working again.

D

Deleted User

The ageold question, and I've gone through quite a few threads. Here's my exact situation:

1.) Started on 8.1 cfw, backups of boot0, boot1, rawnand (30gig).
2.) Used OFW to update to 9.0.1
3.) Applied Atmosphere, but just *1* game of mine didn't work, so I used the rawnand above (with no backup of 9.0.1)
4.) Did a lot of research why this is bad (pkg2 failed decryption)
5.) Bought another switch, updated to 9.0.1
6.) Applied atmosphere, backed up completely
7.) Decrytped my new switch's rawnand partitions (that I could)
8.) Encrypted them to my old switch
9.) Still doesn't boot after hekate (pkg2 failed decryption)

Am I hosed? My old switch has no backup of 9.0.1, just 8.1. Is there some way to boot directly to ChoiDujour to apply the latest firmware again? I'd gladly take the state of that 1 game not working again.
Upgrading by ofw burned a fused. Only solution is to use 8.1 backup and use rcm exploit to boot 8.1 (since you can ingore fuses using that exploit) and then update to get it on 9.0.1. And also along with that, you used another switch data on another. Pretty sure that's bad idea.

Last edited by ,

Vidness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading by ofw burned a fused. Only solution is to use 8.1 backup and use rcm exploit to boot 8.1 (since you can ingore fuses using that exploit) and then update to get it on 9.0.1. And also along with that, you used another switch data on another. Pretty sure that's bad idea.

I'll get to researching! Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you restore the original NAND backup, including BOOT0/1, and boot the latest Atmosphere using fusee-primary?

Vidness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...it flashes the blue "Atmosphere" for half a second then goes dark. This repeats if I tap the power button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1