Hacking is it possible to restore a hardmodded 360?

D

Deleted User

restore as in? fix the mod or remove the mod entirely and restore the 360 to an unmodified state?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
don't even have the console, asking cus i found one for really cheap and it was hardmodded, but i'd prefer no mod at all.

Ask the seller, although personally I'd keep it modded since it does have it's uses e.g. Goldeneye leak and it may be easier than trying to restore.

You also have to consider the risk of using it online I.e. If it's banned or not and check if the drive is hacked.

Note: I'm presuming by hardmod you mean RGH/JTAG.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is a properly done mod why not grab it and trade it with someone for a clean one if you really want one of those (I don't know why you would at this point, not like 360 xbox live is something worth having)?

Ignoring boring mods then there are two classes
1) DVD mod and ODDE. Can play copied games but only in region and unmodded.
2) JTAG/RGH/SMC/KK family. These will do things like allow it to run from internal hard drive (which can be made as large as you like), out of region games, modded games, cheats, USB launcher, controller remapping, DLC, XBLA games, homebrew and more besides.

If it is 2) then they are not necessarily a rare and precious commodity but it would be a shame to destroy one.

Do also try to find out what motherboard type it is
https://gbatemp.net/threads/found-a-360-worth-it.458746/#post-7044412

Nothing older than Jasper for me at this point. If you do then you play the RRoD gauntlet.

Reactions: DinohScene

Tom8823

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have a question regarding restoring original NAND. My console does not start so I wanted to restore nand however console was modified by someone 3 years ago and I don't know which Dashboard version the console was/is on.

When I load nanddump1 into J-Runner I get this:

Definitely the console is not on the latest Daashboard and I don't really know how to read the values of Patch0 and Patch1. On the left it says 17511 and on the right 17489. Which one indicates my dsahboard? Also does it matter which dashboard I choose on the top? By default 17559 is selected by I don't know if it matters when restoring the original nand or the option is only for doing RGH.

What happens when is choose latest nand on the list when restoring? Is it crucial to choose my dashboard version that is inside nanddump1 files instead? And again I don't know which one is inside file and console does not boot even to Xell.

Please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back