ROM Hack Is it possible to replace the roms in those 2-in-1 GBA games?

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as the title reads, is it possible to replace the 2 rom files in any of the many 2-in-1 GBA games that were released over the years, pretty much any of those seen on this page: https://www.google.com/search?q=gba...XXLc0KHdVCBJoQ_AUoAnoECA4QBA&biw=1920&bih=920

You might think it pointless to do when we have flashcards and emulators, and you wouldn't be entirely wrong. This isn't something I need to do, but it's something I'd love to try and do if possible. Specifically, I'd like to see if I could replace the 2 .gba roms in such a title with the 2 .gbc roms of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. I know the fact that i'm trying to do .gbc games in place of .gba games adds an extra wrinkle to the question as it is, but it seems like something that would be at least feasible to me. And then beyond that, if that even can be done, would it then be possible to alter the game selection menu screen before you launch either game? Obviously, I'd like to the choices to reflect the new titles injected into the title if this were possible.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as the title reads, is it possible to replace the 2 rom files in any of the many 2-in-1 GBA games that were released over the years, pretty much any of those seen on this page: https://www.google.com/search?q=gba...XXLc0KHdVCBJoQ_AUoAnoECA4QBA&biw=1920&bih=920

You might think it pointless to do when we have flashcards and emulators, and you wouldn't be entirely wrong. This isn't something I need to do, but it's something I'd love to try and do if possible. Specifically, I'd like to see if I could replace the 2 .gba roms in such a title with the 2 .gbc roms of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. I know the fact that i'm trying to do .gbc games in place of .gba games adds an extra wrinkle to the question as it is, but it seems like something that would be at least feasible to me. And then beyond that, if that even can be done, would it then be possible to alter the game selection menu screen before you launch either game? Obviously, I'd like to the choices to reflect the new titles injected into the title if this were possible.
Not possible

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
And why is that exactly? I found one page where someone claimed they were able to create a 2-in-1 GBA rom with both GBA Golden Sun titles: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-a-multi-cart-gba-rom.267692/#post-3302679 seems like its possible, just not exactly straightforward or particularly easy. Unless I'm just misunderstanding what they've said they've done in that thread.

They were using a flashcart for that if I'm not mistaken which is different than the 2in1 games that were officially released.

Reactions: Shadow#1

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were using a flashcart for that if I'm not mistaken which is different than the 2in1 games that were officially released.

Ah, lol funny times, being restricted to only 32m on a flaschart is so laughably dated. Didn't even cross my mind they actually were talking about a genuine flashcard with storage that small.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm using 128GBs. there are several of those games:

20200730_225049_HDR.jpg

edit: I'm using an everdrive btw, and I think that's the max or I remember reading it somewhere, which is why I bought that size. I used clrmame pro to get rid of duplicates, so I have the entire north american rom set.

Last edited by godreborn,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, lol funny times, being restricted to only 32m on a flaschart is so laughably dated. Didn't even cross my mind they actually were talking about a genuine flashcard with storage that small.
It's not about the flashcards storage it's about the ram space on every GBA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality