Homebrew is it possible to remake sonic generations in unity and port it to 3ds?

Ruben123wtfYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i will like to have the original sonic generations in 3ds but nobody tried to port it before, so i will like to remake it in unity I would like to carry it with all its contents but mainly the levels in 3d

Deleted member 518296

Developer of MC Addons Manager
Trophies
XP
Yes it's possible but good luck xD
I've tried to create a game with Unity 3DS (with Nintendo sdk) and it was very laggy on the old 3ds, the system crash at launch of the app if there is too much elements on the screen.
It's difficult to dev on 3DS with unity.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wait, isn't there a sonic generations for 3DS? why remake it?
Also, as people said, developing for 3DS on unity demands some serious, heavy optimization. A minor fuckup on the code or the formats and compression on the audios or the textures and your game suddenly drops to 10 FPS or so. (on O3DS)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait, isn't there a sonic generations for 3DS? why remake it?
Also, as people said, developing for 3DS on unity demands some serious, heavy optimization. A minor fuckup on the code or the formats and compression on the audios or the textures and your game suddenly drops to 10 FPS or so. (on O3DS)
It's different. IIRC it has no 3D stages.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was wondering how would it be working on Unreal Engine 4 by using fanmade unofficial Framework named Sonic Dash. Who heard about Unreal Engine 5? I tried Jazz Jackrabbit 3(probably in circa Anno Domini of 2000)intro in Unreal Engine 4. This game was never finished such as Sonic-16,Sonic Mars,Sonic X-Treme. There’s also Dreams game Engine on Sony PS4 and PS5. But this application/program got recording YouTube songs. In 1993 Amiga I mean Commodore company was already dead,bankrupted so do you recognize soundtrack of Sonic-16 gameplay tech demo footage animation?

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I saw Sonic '06 unofficial project 2006 made in Unity. There's also unofficial fanmade Sonic Dash Engine Framework. Well I have Nintendo Switch I don't have Wii U anymore(my brother and I sold this game console. I have PC Windows 10 64-bit Pro,iPad(iOS),Motorola One Plus(Android),Sony Playstation 4,Playstation 2,Playstation 3,Nintendo 3DS.
If you could make this awesome game in Wii U too, it will be formidable ! ^^.

Last edited by Luke94,

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Luke94 Thanks for the information, I hope someone can do the same thing with Sonic Generations ^^.
(I'm so sad for you that you don't have your Wii U, there are so much beautiful games on it)

Last edited by Jilou,
D

Deleted User

If Sega couldn't do a full port with an actual team and budget and had to resort to doing a special version, i sriously doubt 1 person with Unity can do it (no offense)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water