is it possible to port this game to nds?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by scooterpd, Jul 23, 2007.

1. scooterpd
    OP

scooterpd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2007
    United States
    im a total noob, as im sure you can tell. but i was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not it would be possible to port a game such as LITTLE FIGHTER 2 (www.lf2.net) onto the nds? this game is awesome, and i would love to be able to take it with me wherever i go. anybody know if it can be done, and if so, how difficult would it be? im looking to get into game development and programming, so any suggestions/comments/advice/links would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Man, this brings back memories. I had no idea that game was still being updated lol. I played it around 3 or 4 YEARS ago lol and I loved it. Would be great to have this on DS but it might take a lotta work to get it done.

3. silentreapr

silentreapr GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    Behind you
    Man, I would love LF2 over wifi on the DS. I had completely forgotten about this game.. thanks for bringing back memories [​IMG]

4. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    I wonder if something like Mugen could be ported to ds too.
    that would be awesome, especially with wifi play.
    Make your own characters even lol

5. Mike231

Mike231 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2006
    United States
    Little Fighter would be good. As far as Mugen, I'm not too sure.

6. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I've never seen that beofre and it looks good...but...Windows only...D:

7. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    From the FAQ

"Will LF2 be open source ?
    No, we are not planning to do that."

No, you can't port it. You can only remake it but you will need a good knowledge of math and the DS hardware and a good amount of time to do it.

Mugen is possible since someone made "openMugen" engine.

8. rice151

rice151 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2006
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    heh, this reminds me of Guardian Heroes for the Saturn, one of my favorite games cuz it mixes Fighting w/ RPG elements.

Probably no port, but if you wanted to do something like this on the side, Math/Comp Sci are your best bet in High School.

9. scooterpd
    OP

scooterpd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2007
    United States
    thank you all for your help and info. i appreciate it. hopefully someday lf2 will go open source. and i've never tried mugen, i think i will take a look at it now.