Is it possible to play Wii Sports Resort without Wii MotionPlus?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by riahc3, Aug 4, 2009.

1. riahc3
    OP

Member riahc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey

I was wondering if it is possible to somehow play Wii Sports Resort without Wii MotionPlus. I would have to buy a additional 3 Wii MotionPlus devices ($60)

2. BlackEnigma

Member BlackEnigma GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't think you could do anything with Japanese version without the motion plus but the NTSC version (western world) will allow you to get to the screen where you select the games. It will say that all the remotes don't have motion plus connected when you try to start however.

3. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No it is not, and yes you would, if you feel you need 4 remotes with M+. Several of the games can be played in multiplayer with one remote, and the vast majority can be played with 2.

Once again, the game is specifically designed to be a SHOWCASE for the M+. It's designed to get the unit into people's homes, as many more games will benefit from (or require) it in the future. Every game in WSR would be a sloppy mess without M+.

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Yes, go ahead and buy the Motion+ I did it already and it is so much fun!

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You are correct. It is possible to play Wii Sports Resort with the MotionPlus. [​IMG]

[​IMG] I know what you were saying. No, it's not possible to go MotionPlus-less. That was the whole point of Resort: to demo the Wii MotionPlus.