Hacking Is it possible to play Wii games on WiiU?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As the title, is it possible to play Wii games on WiiU??
I have a Nintendo Wii right now and I'm very happy with it, but I'm thinking to buy a WiiU (since its newer).. But is it possible to play backup games of Wii games using Loadliine to play them in WiiU? :)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
you cannot play wii games using loadiine, but you can still play wii backup games on wiiu
take note though that you need disc based exploit to install that stuff to play wii backup games on wiiu. meaning that you need to purchase at least one original wii games. no free option like bannerbomb or letterbomb as in the original wii

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

you cannot play wii games using loadiine, but you can still play wii backup games on wiiu
take note though that you need disc based exploit to install that stuff to play wii backup games on wiiu. meaning that you need to purchase at least one original wii games. no free option like bannerbomb or letterbomb as in the original wii
Yes this and one of the most common games that you can use that you may already have is smash bros

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes this and one of the most common games that you can use that you may already have is smash bros

I have 5 Wii games on disc.. Will super Mario Bros Wii or Mario kart be enough? :)
Sadly I don't have Super Smash bros :(

Also is it this guide I should follow if I want to play Wii games on the WiiU?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/
If yes, do I need one of the games that is required to perform the hack? :)
I don't have any of these games (well except in my external HDD :P)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5 Wii games on disc.. Will super Mario Bros Wii or Mario kart be enough? :)

You need one of the games. You should be able to buy them locally for a lot less than what Amazon is trying to rip people off for. Check pawnshops, maybe one of those independent game stores. Wii games are not rare. There's no reason they should cost $15-30. You could check out half.com also. You could even buy in poor condition for cheap, then throw it away when you're done.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country

no, just follow that guide and choose one of the games listed there
lego games are the cheapest ones I usually find, but smash bros although more expensive, might worth your money more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: