is it possible to play pokemon without dumb system files

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by erikbarone, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikbarone
    OP

erikbarone Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    United States
    I dont own a 3DS, all i want is to play some new pokemon games on PC for FREE, and what stopping me is this problem.

Im not gonna buy a 3ds in order to play a pokemon game. So if there is no way to get around this then i will wait, im sure in a few yrs this problem wouldnt be around

Sorry im sure this question has been asked many times before

2. iAqua

iAqua Shadow of Dark.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    citra

RustInPeace likes this.
  3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    cheap ass.

Zidapi, julialy, Ducktaculr and 8 others like this.
  4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Want to know why I bought a 3DS? To play Pokemon. Your excuse is fucking awful, and kind of makes me wonder why I'm not anti-piracy. I guess because there are merits, good excuses to it (depending on the media, I don't really pirate games). I kind of wish @iAqua didn't bring up Citra, but there you go.

ManuelKoegler, dpad_5678 and iAqua like this.
  5. erikbarone
    OP

erikbarone Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    United States
    lul, i aint spend $200 to get a 3ds to play a pokemon game, hell nah. not worth it since i dont play ANY other 3ds games

6. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Good for you, I'm the exact opposite and ended up getting now 7 3DS consoles, 6 bought, one I inherited (2DS). The term "console seller" passed you by. Wii U, I bought for Smash 4, ended up getting more games. PS4, Mortal Kombat X, only have one other game, but am open to more. I got the money for it and didn't complain and go for something free, which is what you're doing. Hence my displeasure that someone actually helped you, but there you go.

ManuelKoegler and dpad_5678 like this.
  7. YuseiFD

YuseiFD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    lemme rephrase your OP, "I don't want to buy cancer but i wanna play aids, and without any side effects you guys, so is there any way to do this ? i repeat, i am not gonna buy cancer, i can wait for it even years instead of saving a dollar a day, not gonna buy cancer !"

As someone who NEVER bought anything and pirated everything, you should just gtfo, also so i don't count as offtopic, Citra.

ManuelKoegler and lordkaos like this.
  8. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    then dont play the game, simple

9. erikbarone
    OP

erikbarone Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    United States
    nah, i aint spend a dime on this 3ds bullshit

guess i will check back later

peace biatches

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Then set up Citra. You don't have to pay a penny.

RustInPeace likes this.
  11. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    setup citra do your lowly best to hunt down Citra ready Dumps and enjoy but wait hmmm wont pay to get a 3DS, you likely dont have a good enough PC to run Citra as it requires a pretty decent machine. good luck anyway dont let the door hit you on the way out.

12. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    As a man who has used freeShop almost exclusively since November: Screw you. At least support them by buying a system.

There are $99 model N3DS XLs if you know where to look, there's the MK7 2DS for about 70 or 80 (one of the easiest to hack and most accessible) which you can find at your local walmart/target/whatever. There's always used if you don't want to directly support Nintendo.

Even from a selfish perspective, you are not going to get the same performance out of an emulator as you do the real thing, even on superior hardware. Plus with access to the freeshop, you can try other franchises.

Just get a system, dude. There is absolutely no reason not to unless you really can't afford it. Hell I'd stop using Freeshop if I could get another job in my field. Being broke is the only reason I touched it.

Majickhat55 and KunoichiZ like this.
  13. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    You know wording is everything. Not saying you didn't get an answer but you would have gotten them in a tactful or even helpful manner had your OP not been so pompous. The majority of people around here don't mind piracy for the most part, but we all definitely own a console (multiple ones at that) and buy games to support developers, while also downloading them for free because well, we can. I don't know about most of you but I also only bought my N3DS for pokemon, then ended up buying a variety OOT, Majoras Mask, NSMB2, SS, REE3D, Xenoblade, Bravely Default etc. I could go on and on, point is it's worth it in the long run. You just sound like some entitled little kid, like one of those people that eat half their meal and then demand a refund. I hope the ROMs you download give you a virus.

14. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Considering this is the 3ds Homebrew community, regardless of your morals, this thread is selfish, offtopic, and irrelevant. I've reported the thread, and will hope others will do the same.

Last edited by Giodude, Jul 23, 2017
  15. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    You are literally asking for piracy, which is completely and utterly against these forums rules. Go find somewhere else to ask how you can be a cheapskate, because GBATemp isn't the place for it.

16. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    What you are asking for is a decrypted Pokémon (X/Y/OMEGA RUBY/SAPHIRE/SUN/MOON) rom, that is against the rules of this forum

You can either use google to find a decrypted rom of the game or buy a 3ds, a pokémon (be it X/Y/OMEGA RUBY/SAPHIRE/SUN/MOON) game and decrypt
    the game yourself, there´s no "workaround" for this

it´s either you come across a decrypted pokémon X/Y/OMEGA RUBY/SAPHIRE/SUN/MOON rom online (good luck finding em" tho)
    or decrypt it yourself

Last edited by Sinon, Jul 23, 2017
  17. RobXcore

RobXcore Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Chile
    Can't believe this piece of shit came over so rudely and just set up a new account for that lol

18. Zkajavier

Zkajavier Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Costa Rica
    You are not worth helping, and you are against the rules here.

Hoping this thread gets locked, I'm reporting it as well.

RustInPeace likes this.
  19. CodyMKW

CodyMKW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2015
    United States
    this guy is a piece of shit lol

20. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7