Is it possible to play Playstation TV without dualshock?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by alberto90, Jul 18, 2015.

1. alberto90
    OP

alberto90 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2015
    Italy
    Hi guys,
    i wonder if it's possible to play Playstation TV witohout dualshock. I got a PS VITA and i would like to play games for PS ONE (like crash bandicoot and spyro) on my big screen, like I did with my old PSP GO and Composite cable.

I found a Playstation tv on eBay, used but working, it comes without gamepad (dualshock) and i was wondering if I can use PS Vita stick to play or I must buy a dualshock ps3/ps4 controller.

Thanks,
    Alberto

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    If this remains true to today then it can't @ http://community.us.playstation.com...on-TV-Vita-as-controller-option/td-p/43826240

So if you don't have a PlayStation controller you'll either have to purchase a DualShock 3 or a DualShock 4. I'm using my DualShock 3 from the PS3 and it works flawlessly (even more so with retro games that make use of the D-PAD).

But about those PS1 games are they from the PlayStation Store or backups? If it's the latter then it seems like a big pain in the ass to get them working.

Edit: Silly me. It's actually pretty simple.

> Install the PS1 game in the PSP loader
    > Then exit and enter a PS1 loader
    > Play the game

Anyhow, not going to bother buying a PS1 loader-game for now unless I find a deal on PSN credit.

Last edited by WiiCube_2013, Jul 18, 2015