Is it possible to play Playstation TV without dualshock?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by alberto90, Jul 18, 2015.

1. alberto90
    OP

alberto90 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2015
    Italy
    Hi guys,
    i wonder if it's possible to play Playstation TV witohout dualshock. I got a PS VITA and i would like to play games for PS ONE (like crash bandicoot and spyro) on my big screen, like I did with my old PSP GO and Composite cable.

I found a Playstation tv on eBay, used but working, it comes without gamepad (dualshock) and i was wondering if I can use PS Vita stick to play or I must buy a dualshock ps3/ps4 controller.

Thanks,
    Alberto

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    If this remains true to today then it can't @ http://community.us.playstation.com...on-TV-Vita-as-controller-option/td-p/43826240

So if you don't have a PlayStation controller you'll either have to purchase a DualShock 3 or a DualShock 4. I'm using my DualShock 3 from the PS3 and it works flawlessly (even more so with retro games that make use of the D-PAD).

But about those PS1 games are they from the PlayStation Store or backups? If it's the latter then it seems like a big pain in the ass to get them working.

Edit: Silly me. It's actually pretty simple.

> Install the PS1 game in the PSP loader
    > Then exit and enter a PS1 loader
    > Play the game

Anyhow, not going to bother buying a PS1 loader-game for now unless I find a deal on PSN credit.

Last edited by WiiCube_2013, Jul 18, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice