Hacking Is it possible to play downloaded XBOX 360 backup on an unmodded console

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lets take Shadow Complex for example.
I put it in my usb drive and the game is not recognized, is it possible to make the game compatible to my console id or gamertag id with some tool on the pc?
Also by doing so could i get banned, if so i will not do it.

Reactions: Margen67

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shadow complex is one of the interesting exceptions, and one of all of about 3. Technically an older version of the game could bypass the end of demo wall and thus allow you to play the entire game, I am not sure if that version has since been blacklisted but it was quite hard to find when I went looking a couple of years ago.

The only thing you can do is download the demos and play them. All the other methods (profile sharing, COD glitch and live2con*) have long since been blocked. To play downloaded XBLA titles you need a JTAG or RGH modded machine, there is some DLC you can install safely on unmodded consoles that came with various game of the year type games. It is called PIRS DLC and there is not much of it but what there is happens to be worth taking note of (some of the borderlands expansions, some fallout 3 stuff, some oblivion stuff, some mass effcect stuff and a few other notable things; it tended to be from games that thought they warranted a game of the year edition so they tended to be notable games), it is still paid for content though so I can not link it up here.

*there may still be some things out there possible with live2con, XBLA and worthwhile DLC are not part of it though.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow complex is one of the interesting exceptions, and one of all of about 3. Technically an older version of the game could bypass the end of demo wall and thus allow you to play the entire game, I am not sure if that version has since been blacklisted but it was quite hard to find when I went looking a couple of years ago.

The only thing you can do is download the demos and play them. All the other methods (profile sharing, COD glitch and live2con*) have long since been blocked. To play downloaded XBLA titles you need a JTAG or RGH modded machine, there is some DLC you can install safely on unmodded consoles that came with various game of the year type games. It is called PIRS DLC and there is not much of it but what there is happens to be worth taking note of (some of the borderlands expansions, some fallout 3 stuff, some oblivion stuff, some mass effcect stuff and a few other notable things; it tended to be from games that thought they warranted a game of the year edition so they tended to be notable games), it is still paid for content though so I can not link it up here.

*there may still be some things out there possible with live2con, XBLA and worthwhile DLC are not part of it though.

Are you positive about this? I was under the impression that the following methods were still working:

License Transfer Method:

Without License Transfer Method:

I'm still waiting for my new (old :P) 360 to show up (refurb). Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not either of those methods work?

NOTE TO MODS/ADMIN: From my understanding game sharing is technically legal (loophole), but if those videos don't belong there, sorry, couldn't find anything in the forum rules about game sharing. Just go ahead and get rid of them (or delete this post altogether).....

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PIRS DLC is technically illegal to share but does not need a hacked machine beyond access to the hard drive/USB xtaf.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Technically yep.
However, you could just give the DVD with the DLC to someone, let them install it and ask it back.
So... it's a grey area indeed.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hotswapping for iso mods still works though correct? Of course assuming you have the original disc for the installation and to boot it everytime.
and befpore anyone makes false assumptions, I only mod with the consent of the others playing. Also I know theres a huge ban risk , but idc lol

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still works.
I do hope you get banned tho if you take those mods online.

I hate modders and cheaters on Live, they have no business there but to ruin gameplay for everyone.
Only mods I'll be using online will be over xlink kai anyways and they allow it in private lobbies and arenas that are clearly marked. As having cheats/mods enabled.

I won't be doing it over live, no worries there. I could still get the banhammer for suspicious activity being logged by the hypervisor, but if it happens ill use xlink kai for all my 360 online gaming (modded and legit)

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I got a non-jtaggable/rgh/rgh2/rjtagabble xenon so link isn't an option for me lol. Dash is too high for any of those plus itgs a xenon anyways, those are a nightmarfe for modding for homebrew anyways. Here's to hoping that after m$ finally abandons thed 3d60 that some software exploits come out for unsigned code (ala king kong hack style). I don't expect that to happen until the end of the 360's commercial life cyhcle tho unfortunately. Nobodys going to bothering developing one now when they know m$ will just patch it right away like they did all those years ago. Ill have 360 homebrew at some point.... every 360 ived owned has ended up being a xenon and iit usually commits suicide (like their known for) and its not worth it to try to fix it, because there's usually no saving them (at least from my experience lol).

This xenon will self destruct in 30 mins....lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night