Is it possible to play dlc of smash bros on gateway or cfw?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Wekker, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Wekker
    OP

Wekker GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    More trash coming from nintendo.

2. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Yes. Just install it as CIA.

3. powersaver

powersaver GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    Hi, besides free SSB3D DLC, are there any other advantages to using SSB3D legit rather than a .3DS or Cart?

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    well a legit header, but if you use your own private header, it doesnt matter

and to the op, yes
    just grab dlc pack 1 & 2 cia, and new newest update v1.0.8 cia and install them

5. Awesomeaustin316

Awesomeaustin316 Shiro

May 28, 2015
    United States
    If it's completely legit, then most likely you're on a high enough firmware to use online features. EmuNanded a backup of my cartridge (With original headers and all) And haven't had a problem using any features. Installed updates through cia and dlc. So honestly, in my opinion, the legit cartridge itself has no advantage other than a guarantee no ban factor.

6. powersaver

Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    I thought headers didn't exist for legit games and as a result, no bans. Is this not true?

7. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well I'm with japanese smash.3ds with my private header,the right .cia, its working very fine

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Retail games have their very own header, installed games use your NNID instead, so you don't need legit headers to play safe (I don't know about region, but I'm with japanese smash on US console and nothing bad happened yet..... actually I'm with a problem on my NNID, but it's because I'm stupid :v

8. powersaver

Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    That's what I thought, legit games don't need legit headers, because they don't use headers.

9. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Legit retail games have their own unique header, so yes, they use headers. Cia games on the other hand, use your console's unique header.