Gaming Is it possible to play burned gamecube games?

zidanej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm haven't really found an answer to this but it might be an obvious one. Can modded Wii's play gamecube games that are burned on a dvd?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm haven't really found an answer to this but it might be an obvious one. Can modded Wii's play gamecube games that are burned on a dvd?

yes they can play them, some modchips may have sound errors tho, depends on the chip. If the game you download is GCM, rename it to ISO and it should still burn. Gamecube games are 1.4gb each, a single layer dvd holds 4.3ish gb. You may want to find a program that allows multiple gamecube games on a dvd, so you dont burn as many dvds.

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm haven't really found an answer to this but it might be an obvious one. Can modded Wii's play gamecube games that are burned on a dvd?

yes they can play them, some modchips may have sound errors tho, depends on the chip. If the game you download is GCM, rename it to ISO and it should still burn. Gamecube games are 1.4gb each, a single layer dvd holds 4.3ish gb. You may want to find a program that allows multiple gamecube games on a dvd, so you dont burn as many dvds.

Multiple games on 1 DVD? I've never heard of that. Please explain more. I would love to be able to consolidate RE4 onto 1 Disc, as well as make a compilation disc of other Resident Evil games.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
use "MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+" to add like 3 ISO's or GCMs to one image and burn it to have a multi-game disc.

As far as I tested (AFAIT?!), multi-disc games dont work this way, so you have to burn RE4 on separate discs or MGS:TS.

I burnt it on a Princo DVD-R at 4x and worked like charm, and beware on games that you choose to shrink since some have problems (there is a wiki regarding to this, g00gle it).

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a limit to how many iso files you can put on one DVD using MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+? I want to make a multi iso with 2 gamecube games & 100 or so of my favorite GBA games.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
no, as long as it dosent exceed DVD9's image size (yes, you can use a dual layer 9gb DVD !), I donno about GBA though, there should be some emulator for it otherwise I dont believe that GCN natively play them.

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
here is the info for the program to make GBA iso files.
GBAemu2 for GC
Description: GBAemu2 - GameBoy Advance Emulator for GameCube. Supports 128MBit (16MB) cart max size. Win32 GBA ROM injector batch file and resize util included. Emu by k.yosizaki. Rip supplied by songoku119. TGC2GCM and BMP2TPL image conversion by theham. Injector by Roman.

I made a multi iso out of around 10 or so GBA games and burned it to a dvd-rw and it worked fine, but each GBA iso is only around 9MB. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a limit to how many iso files you could put on one dvd. Someone could actually make a DVD9 with over 900 GBA games.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would you burn a cube game? Just leave the disc as it is and it will work fine
smile.gif
tongue.gif

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is that emulator good? How is the speed and can it save?
I tried out Circle of the Moon & Metroid Fusion and they ran perfectly. I did read that eeprom type saves don't work, but those roms can be patched with a program on this site: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1500 Minish Cap is an example of a rom that has to be patched.....
It says in the readme that if the sound is crackly, then you should change the audio setting to "headphones".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night