Is it possible to patch pokken to use arcade pokemon?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by xtheman, Oct 25, 2016.

1. xtheman
    OP

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    So in pokken arcade their are 2 pokemon that are not in the wii u version. Darkrai and Scizor. I remember reading they were in the games files though.
    I would like to know if it is possible to patch these pokemon in with cafiine (or SDcafiine).

Last edited by xtheman, Oct 25, 2016
  2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Anything is possible if you believe in yourself.

Don Jon, Wolfy, SoulEater98 and 3 others like this.
  3. xtheman
    OP

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the info but i was wanting a response that actually took so thinking to make. Not some smart ass response.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    if they are in the game then probably....if not well then people would have to either try make their own hacky home made version or hope someone is able to dump the files from the arcade version and hope they are using the same file formats or convertible

worth mentioning that while sometimes there will be some small leftover files but nothing usable, so people just seeing a few filenames in a list doesn't mean that the actual files needed to play as the character are included

Last edited by gamesquest1, Oct 25, 2016
  5. supermario18

supermario18 That Mario fan

May 3, 2016
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    If they both use the same file system and uses the same game engine, then I think it might be possible.