Is it possible to pack individual .cia theme files into one?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Grumpsta, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Grumpsta
    OP

Grumpsta Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    So i've been building an official theme collection and found a great selection on that iso site, but I would like to be able to pack them myself from the individual files. Howling Theme Tool can pack themes into one cia, but you need .pmg files and such to compile it. Is there anyway to either:

A) Convert the individual CIA files into the necessary data files Howling Theme Tool needs to recompile them?

B) Merge the individual .cia files into one.

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Not an answer, but you can use custom themes and have it shuffle to a different theme each time you boot the console. This includes official themes converted to work with CHMM.

I stopped using theme cia's years ago. It was always annoying how they'd get removed for entering Eshop or updating a game.

3. Grumpsta
    OP

Grumpsta Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    I was attempting to fool around with CIA themes to CHMM (https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-themes-convert-cia-packed-themes-to-be-used-with-chmm.380989/) but i'm not familiar with the process and the guide does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I might just cave and do it with CHMM... I thought if i could repack them it would not be that big of an issue to reinstall them after they get removed from e-shop or update.

Edit: Found the thread author from that iso site and he directed me to the files!

Last edited by Grumpsta, Mar 22, 2016