Kyle Ziemke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title.

I am currently on 9.2.0-12u and Browserhax and ninjahax both versions do not work for me.

Second part to question if i have a hardmod can i just write 9.2.0-12u firmware to it or is that not possible.

Thanks in advance guys

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe you can. You can use the spider exploit to run CFW and install a newer browser.

Edit: Follow this guide, but you only need to install the browser instead of the entire update package.

Last edited by Lacius,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Title.

I am currently on 9.2.0-12u and Browserhax and ninjahax both versions do not work for me.

Second part to question if i have a hardmod can i just write 9.2.0-12u firmware to it or is that not possible.

Thanks in advance guys
Have you tried Ninjhax 2? It should work with 9.2.0-12U (the lowest browser version in the drop down box is 7)
https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
As Jdbye said Ninjhax2 will definitely work as it doesn't use the browser at all. Just set the drop downs to 9.2.0 and put anything for the browser number (don't worry if -12 is not available), use the QR code it gives you and it will work.

Edit: sounds like -12 is available but it won't matter what you put.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do not just upgrade the browser. Always keep the browser version fitting for your main version.
Otherwise it will destroy Spider-hack-related entrypoints, such as web-boot rxTools, web-boot Decrypt9, etc.

For I know, both CakeHax and rxTools 2.X web entrypoint SUCK on supporting specific frankenfirmwares which have unmatched browser.
And you need them (in some cases they're the ONLY OPTION) to upgrade SysNAND to 9.2.0.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Kyle Ziemke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not just upgrade the browser. Always keep the browser version fitting for your main version.
Otherwise it will destroy Spider-hack-related entrypoints, such as web-boot rxTools, web-boot Decrypt9, etc.

For I know, both CakeHax and rxTools 2.X web entrypoint SUCK on supporting specific frankenfirmwares which have unmatched browser.
And you need them (in some cases they're the ONLY OPTION) to upgrade SysNAND to 9.2.0.

This is the problem I'm having. I had mismatched spider versions when I was back on 6.2 I did a cart upgrade with ssb to 9.2 thinking it would let the browser sprouts start working again. But the still don't even worse is that not even ninjhax 1 or 2 will work. I really need some help figuring out why no matter what I do I can't run any exploit.

I believe my main issue is the browser as nothing browser related works. And ninjhax gets to loading ropbin than crashes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the problem I'm having. I had mismatched spider versions when I was back on 6.2 I did a cart upgrade with ssb to 9.2 thinking it would let the browser sprouts start working again. But the still don't even worse is that not even ninjhax 1 or 2 will work. I really need some help figuring out why no matter what I do I can't run any exploit.

I believe my main issue is the browser as nothing browser related works. And ninjhax gets to loading ropbin than crashes.
Did you follow this guide exactly? What about this one?

Last edited by Lacius,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

What exacty are you doing for Ninjhax 2? Are you sure you're not making a mistake? It should work no matter your browser version.

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
... was back on 6.2 ... cart upgrade with ssb to 9.2 ... not even ninjhax 1 or 2 will work ... ninjhax gets to loading ropbin than crashes.

Questions I would consider important:
  1. Do you already have the XORPADs for your console's FIRM and system partitions?
  2. Do you already have a hardmod?
  3. Do you have a NAND dump? (optional if you already have a hardmod)
These answers can determine the options available to you, other than the "standard" guide options.

For example, if the system's fragmentation caused trouble (as some claim, although I've not seen technical writeup supporting it), you could offline-defrag:
(e.g., XOR the system partition, mount it on a PC, defragment it, re-XOR it, and then write the defragmented version back to your NAND)

Please confirm what options you currently have available? (e.g., which homebrew entry points you "should" have access to, such as CN or OoT carts, powersaves dongle, etc.)

Kyle Ziemke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions I would consider important:
  1. Do you already have the XORPADs for your console's FIRM and system partitions?
  2. Do you already have a hardmod?
  3. Do you have a NAND dump? (optional if you already have a hardmod)
These answers can determine the options available to you, other than the "standard" guide options.

For example, if the system's fragmentation caused trouble (as some claim, although I've not seen technical writeup supporting it), you could offline-defrag:
(e.g., XOR the system partition, mount it on a PC, defragment it, re-XOR it, and then write the defragmented version back to your NAND)

Please confirm what options you currently have available? (e.g., which homebrew entry points you "should" have access to, such as CN or OoT carts, powersaves dongle, etc.)
I have access to rxtools cubic ninja and browser but all entry methods have failed. Rxtools the bottom screen pukes random colored pixels browser freezes on orange creen and ninja just says error occured.
Edit - I also have access to be able to hardmod it. havent done anything with it yet.

Lacius
yes copied both sets of guides verbatim cannot get into hbl.

Quantumcat
I am sure im not making any mistakes. Load the ninjahax webpage put in your firmware and push update qr code than scan it with the qr code in cubic ninja lol.

What boggles my mind about this whole thing the most is not a single thing ive tried has worked without crashing my system. Why is that?

Last edited by Kyle Ziemke,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have access to rxtools cubic ninja and browser but all entry methods have failed. Rxtools the bottom screen pukes random colored pixels browser freezes on orange creen and ninja just says error occured.
Lacius
yes copied both sets of guides verbatim cannot get into hbl.

Quantumcat
I am sure im not making any mistakes. Load the ninjahax webpage put in your firmware and push update qr code than scan it with the qr code in cubic ninja lol.

What boggles my mind about this whole thing the most is not a single thing ive tried has worked without crashing my system. Why is that?
This guide doesn't use rxTools. Have you even tried it?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Definitely putting the correct region and Old/New? That is weird because I have used Ninjhax 2 on about 5 systems updated with a cart (9.2.0-4 and 9.2.0-6) and they all worked.

Kyle Ziemke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely putting the correct region and Old/New? That is weird because I have used Ninjhax 2 on about 5 systems updated with a cart (9.2.0-4 and 9.2.0-6) and they all worked.
It seems like it should be foolproof but something keeps causing it to crash. If I get to the ctual loading it gets to 40 than goes to browser and freezes.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think there's something seriously wrong with your system. If you end up installing a hardmod, if everything fails you can still try an internet update to 11.0 and then using the hardmod to downgrade (install the hardmod first and backup the NAND you have now, though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr