Is it possible to Keymap for PSP flash games in CFW?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Elliander, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I heard that officially the shoulder buttons take you back and forth without warning, and that there is no way to map keys (for example, tell the arrows to be WASD for games that require it). Under CFW 6.60 me is it possible to use any kind of custom key mapping?

To be clear, I would be using .swf files instead of browsing to the games - if that makes a difference. Assuming this is possible I basically found a work around to get .exe files to run on the PSP outside of windows emulation: use a .exe to .swf conversion tool. Without keymapping that would be kinda useless though.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Have you tested these .SWF files, or done any successful conversions? The only way that conversion would work is if the game is already a flash file, and just packaged in a standalone player (to avoid using the browser), in which case the "converter" is just extracting the resource file.

Also the PSP only supports a really old version of flash anyways.

No clue on the keymap.

raulpica likes this.
  3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Macrofire allows you to reassign your PSP's buttons (as does CWCheat)

However, i'm immensely doubtful that whatever you're doing will yield positive results.

4. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Macrofire? I will look into it. As for results, I wouldn't expect anything other than a stand-alone executable to really work anyway. I programmed a few small things like that and was curious to see if I could get them to transfer over. I haven't had time to really mess with that yet, but I figured I should ask about keymapping before I even try.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    There's no way to convert normal windows executables to flash. Like I said, the tool is only for extracting flash files out of a standalone flash player.

If you want to program for the PSP, there's a toolchain and stuff out there.
    http://devkitpro.org/