Hacking Is it possible to install too many CIAs?

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have like 15 titles on this big ass MicroSD card, and sometimes now when I boot into emunand, certain of them don't show up. Occasionally, I'll boot and it'll say "New software has been added", for like the 5th time. They're either sometimes there, or they'll show up as new again.

Can this be damaging?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have like 15 titles on this big ass MicroSD card, and sometimes now when I boot into emunand, certain of them don't show up. Occasionally, I'll boot and it'll say "New software has been added", for like the 5th time. They're either sometimes there, or they'll show up as new again.

Can this be damaging?
This tends to happen when your sysnand and emunand are accessing the same files in your Nintendo 3ds folder. You can stop it by "unlinking your emunand" with a system format. Google that term for instructions.

The hard limit on 3ds cia's is 300 I think. For dsiware it's < 240 MBs which fills up quickly.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can stop it by "unlinking your emunand"

I did this when I installed rxtools, however, I just updated emunand to 10.3, and that's when the problem started. Does updating require you to unlink them again?

It looks like they show up after I boot emunand and launch a title, then return to the menu. They were the first two titles I installed, is that a coincidence?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did this when I installed rxtools, however, I just updated emunand to 10.3, and that's when the problem started. Does updating require you to unlink them again?

It looks like they show up after I boot emunand and launch a title, then return to the menu. They were the first two titles I installed, is that a coincidence?
What emu firmware did you update from? Some titles won't run on 10.3 but will on 9.2 for instance.
You shouldn't have to unlink again.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What emu firmware did you update from?

From 9.2.0-20U; Like I said, it seems I can get the titles to reappear if I run a game and press the home button, so maybe it's just a minor glitch that could be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling them?

The titles are Mario 3d Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

Speaking of uninstalling, is the proper way to remove a CIA in data MGMT? I remember on the Wii, if you uninstalled a WAD that way it would remove the title information and even display the available blocks as though it were gone, but you actually had to hang onto the wad and use anytitledeleter

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
From 9.2.0-20U; Like I said, it seems I can get the titles to reappear if I run a game and press the home button, so maybe it's just a minor glitch that could be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling them?

The titles are Mario 3d Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

Speaking of uninstalling, is the proper way to remove a CIA in data MGMT? I remember on the Wii, if you uninstalled a WAD that way it would remove the title information and even display the available blocks as though it were gone, but you actually had to hang onto the wad and use anytitledeleter
Yeah just reinstall them and it should be fine. remember to back up the saves with savedatafiler if you need to.
You should uninstall them with devmen or FBI. Never use data mngt
devmen2x and FBI will let you overwrite so it can be done in one step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv