ROM Hack Question Is it possible to install NSP file from a hacked switch and then copy the data to a legit switch?

ereh24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Planning on download NBA 2k20 on my hacked and I bought the game on my legit switch but it's not yet installed and we have crappy internet. Just asking maybe I can just copy it from my hacked switch's sd card to save me from the pain of downloading again. TIA

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically you could try the local update option when press "+" on a game. Not sure if it'll work but could try

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically you could try the local update option when press "+" on a game. Not sure if it'll work but could try
Planning on download NBA 2k20 on my hacked and I bought the game on my legit switch but it's not yet installed and we have crappy internet. Just asking maybe I can just copy it from my hacked switch's sd card to save me from the pain of downloading again. TIA
that is not how it works. you can't copy over pirated content to a switch that hasn't been hacked and then expect it to work.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I miss read. It sounded like they were wanting to transfer game update. Not the whole game, yeah your correct.

nightweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
From what I read and I may be getting wrong, you have Bought a copy of NBA 2020, you have two switches, once with legit copy and one you wish to install a "backup" of NBA 2020 on and you are trying to download just once to avoid having to download a massive file twice, If I'm wrong on this ignore what I say.

1. Downloading NSP (Pirate) copy and install on hacked switch wouldn't work as there would be no way to copy it over to the Non-Hacked (legit) switch as there's no way to install content on it available to us as the Content Delivery system is all closed up.
1b. Downloading a pirate NSP and installing it on the hacked switch, then "moving" the user/Nintendo account might copy the files over but as far as I'm aware both would need to be online and that might flag both consoles fora ban, and add to this that the NSP installed would have a fake ticket which a legit switch shouldn't be able to boot the game with

2. Download and install the EShop version to the SD card would mean you have to download it once as has to be downloaded straight from network but then you could in theory (to test if you can back it up ;-) ) extract your keys from the legit switch (before booting to leave clean NAND) then Backup the NSP to your PC, then install that NSP on the Pirate Switch. (haven't done this in a while so not 100% on the method will read up on it)
2b The tool to backup keys is Biskeydump, and the tool to backup the games and such it SwitchSDTool, more info should be here https://github.com/CaitSith2/SwitchSDTool/

3. Download and install the EShop version to NAND, then you could setup CFW to use EmuNAND keeping SysNAND clean, then backup and extract the EShop copy to the SD card and install that on the Hacked Switch.

All of these could mean just one download but while option 1 isn't possible or feesable as far as I know, option 2 and 3 should work as far as I can figure, if I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me or help fill in the blanks on option 2.

Last edited by nightweb,
Reactions: Kraken_X

Th3Alic3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no way the intent of the post is: "How do I transfer an illegally copy of a game from a CFW Switch to a OFW Switch?" There's no way @ereh24 after seeing the question posted this way would expect the answer to be anything more than: "of course not!".

The Nintendo Switch's system transfer does not transfer games. The transfer is limited to User Accounts and their respective save data. This is all to ensure there's no piracy enabled by this process. This would require a method for injecting games onto OFW Switches (which if possible way less people would have CFW Switches so they could play online with the injected games.) The issue with this is that all games installed onto the system via eShop are issued a unique ID code independent to BOTH the eShop account & console. It's this same ID that the Nintendo Switch Online servers use to detect CFW Switches with pirated games on the system.

So, I will assume you are asking if it's possible to migrate your SAVE for the game to another system.

The answer surprisingily is: YES.

The CFW Switch's internal game database cannot have a history of any pirated games (so a Recovery Mode Factory Restore OR hetake restore for you before hand) but I play Pokemon Sword & Shield a Cloud disabled game to which I copy my save via the system's Save Data Transfer feature to my OFW Switch once a week even though I play primarily on my CFW Switch for all non-online activity.

Reactions: Kraken_X

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no way the intent of the post is: "How do I transfer an illegally copy of a game from a CFW Switch to a OFW Switch?" There's no way @ereh24 after seeing the question posted this way would expect the answer to be anything more than: "of course not!".

The Nintendo Switch's system transfer does not transfer games. The transfer is limited to User Accounts and their respective save data. This is all to ensure there's no piracy enabled by this process. This would require a method for injecting games onto OFW Switches (which if possible way less people would have CFW Switches so they could play online with the injected games.) The issue with this is that all games installed onto the system via eShop are issued a unique ID code independent to BOTH the eShop account & console. It's this same ID that the Nintendo Switch Online servers use to detect CFW Switches with pirated games on the system.

So, I will assume you are asking if it's possible to migrate your SAVE for the game to another system.

The answer surprisingily is: YES.

The CFW Switch's internal game database cannot have a history of any pirated games (so a Recovery Mode Factory Restore OR hetake restore for you before hand) but I play Pokemon Sword & Shield a Cloud disabled game to which I copy my save via the system's Save Data Transfer feature to my OFW Switch once a week even though I play primarily on my CFW Switch for all non-online activity.
Or maybe just try to read post instead of assuming something that doesn't exist by reading only title?
OP wants to download pirated game to hacked Switch and legal game to legal Switch, and to avoid downloading the same data twice because
we have crappy internet
OP wants first to download and install pirated game, then copy installed data to legal Switch.

And simple answer is: no.

This could be potentially done by making server that stores game data and passes files if app request matches files that are stored on drive. Something like this is used on big PC game events like DreamHack. But cost of making server like this will probably be bigger than Switch costs.

Last edited by masagrator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning