Hacking Is it possible to install custom themes to the vWii?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's "kind of" possible.
it's not possible to install a theme to your vWii (brick risk etc.), but you can do it on Sneek ! (to test it and don't risk a brick)

I don't remember if someone already did it, maybe you could ask diddy (I think he is part of the wii theme team, he should know about vWii too)

edit:
@diddy81

Reactions: CJB100

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's emuNAND with full redirection (not only the current game).
it means that ALL the vWii is actually running on your SD or USB instead of the NAND chipset. ALL if it, even system menu, which lets you try things without risking a brick.

There's a thread someone in Wiiu hacking forum which explain how to setup vWii Sneek. it's from JoostinOnline (it's easier to find if you search by user)

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't vWii just a modified 4.3 system menu?

Yes but from my understanding, may be wrong, you have to have boot access like with bootmii or something similar to get the themes to load. Otherwise it either won't work or will brick the vWii. With Sneek I'm gonna guess you have that access.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
yes, it's emuNAND with full redirection (not only the current game).
it means that ALL the vWii is actually running on your SD or USB instead of the NAND chipset. ALL if it, even system menu, which lets you try things without risking a brick.

There's a thread someone in Wiiu hacking forum which explain how to setup vWii Sneek. it's from JoostinOnline (it's easier to find if you search by user)
I've only now had time to actually check it out, and, well...
This only tells me how to set up Sneek, but I'd like to run my emuNand from USB. Is that possible to do on vWii?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
when reading the tutorial, there's a step where you choose if you want Sneek (sd) or Uneek (usb).
Oh, okay. Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes, it's possible.
when reading the tutorial, there's a step where you choose if you want Sneek (sd) or Uneek (usb).
Where is that part? I can't find it. :unsure:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember if it's using crediar's tool (sneek installer?),but it's an option in that tool that you choose if you want SD or USB and enable "di" or not.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sad about the fact themes shouldn't be used on vWii officially ever since I've hacked it.
I've set up (s)neek but only to use it from USB Loader GX (from my real NAND) for WiiWare.
So I'm never facing the emunand system menu and I would love to have a dark theme in my real vWii nand so badly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction