Hacking Is it possible to install a different region's apps?

Legitlevel1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. Just curious if it's possible to dump and install apps like Mii Plaza on a different region 3ds? I have a JP N3DS and once gateway supports it it would be cool to install my NTSC Mii Plaza on it to keep my streetpass data and the likes.

I know cearp is working on a region changer but there's no news on when that will ever be out so I'm not gonna hold my breath and wait on that.

Legitlevel1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but just wanted to update on this. Been playing around and downloading different region apps such as Mii Plaza but they didn't work when I installed them. I just get a black screen/freeze. I tried a EUR and a JP version. JP Face Raiders worked fine. Activity Log didn't work either.

Legitlevel1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you downloading the apps? what version are the apps, what fw are you on, etc
I'm using 3DNUS to download them. The apps are usually the 6.0 firmware ones such as v5121 for the JPN Mii Plaza app. I'm installing these to EMUnand 9.4.0-21U. I tried using your UpdateCDN app to download them for firmwares like 9.0 but was only getting 40030 applets with that. I made sure they weren't any New3ds software that I was installing.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to say anything without knowing what setup you have configured to access emunand.
Hello all. Just curious if it's possible to dump and install apps like Mii Plaza on a different region 3ds? I have a JP N3DS and once gateway supports it it would be cool to install my NTSC Mii Plaza on it to keep my streetpass data and the likes.

I know cearp is working on a region changer but there's no news on when that will ever be out so I'm not gonna hold my breath and wait on that.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hmm, for stuff i tested it worked, but i didn't try every single app, maybe some of them don't work... but i don't see why they wouldn't, if there was a region problem gw should have fixed that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou