is it possible to inject sram data from a pc snes emu to wii u snes vc?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by EzioisAwesome56, Feb 14, 2018.

1. EzioisAwesome56
    OP

EzioisAwesome56 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    United States
    so, i was wondering if i could take a sram save file from a pc snes emulator (bizhawk for example), and inject it into the wii u snes vc and use it?

I want to inject the super mario world jailbreak save into my mario world save data

is this doable or no?

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Maybe, if the data doesn't match, you may have to trim the data with hex editor or something. Do you have the save data from the wii u?

3. EzioisAwesome56
    OP

EzioisAwesome56 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    United States
    yes, i have the save data, extracted with savemii mod

but there are 2 files, and opening both in a next editor and comparing them to a emulator save, they are totally different, so i dont know how to go about doing so

4. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Did you try them in a emulator? If you aren't sure, I can try if you don't feel confident about it.

5. EzioisAwesome56
    OP

EzioisAwesome56 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    United States
    yeah, i tried the smaller 3kb file in an emulator (it was zsnes, awful but does the job) and it didnt show any progress

i doubt the bigger >100kb file is the sram data though, its too big

6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Depending on the game, save data range from 2Kb to 8kb. Anything closer to those should be the save data. You should open it up in hex editor and compare them to the ones made by your pc emulator to see if there any similarities, chances are they may need trimming.

7. EzioisAwesome56
    OP

EzioisAwesome56 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    United States
    i can say that the file "WUP-JAAE.ves" is useless probably, its 4kb of zeros mostly

the much bigger file, "WUP-JAAE.vea", is completely diffferent, none of the file is like my emulator save, there are similar characters in big-ish blocks, but not to the size of my mario world save. Theres also a ton of extra stuff all inside of it, as you said, if this is the save.

i can provide some files if you want to have a look or something