Homebrew is it possible to inject ps1 bios files into the cia?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
is it possible for someone to inject the ps1 bios files into the ps1 emulator retroarch cia because I can't find the correct bios files anywhere...

(if freeshop and other cia installers have not been banned from gbatemp, then why have any good reason to ban bios files from being shared any longer?)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible for someone to inject the ps1 bios files into the ps1 emulator retroarch cia because I can't find the correct bios files anywhere...

(if freeshop and other cia installers have not been banned from gbatemp, then why have any good reason to ban bios files from being shared any longer?)
Dude literally just google ps1 bios or scph1001.bin and you'll be flooded with results

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can find all these bios files easily in Google. Pretty sure there are also packs that have all the ps1 bios available and you then just take the ones you need.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Neither FreeShop nor CIAngel ship with any copyrighted content. You're asking someone to upload something here that contains copyrighted content. That's the difference.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Neither FreeShop nor CIAngel ship with any copyrighted content. You're asking someone to upload something here that contains copyrighted content. That's the difference.
you are saying that giving an app that allows you to download copyrighted content is more legal than giving it straight forward?

Reactions: Aether Lion

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
it's because if this website hosted copyrighted material, then the home page would look a little something like this
FBI-message.jpg

While things like freeshop allow you to do illegal things, they aren't actually breaking any copyright laws themselves and can therefore be hosted on this website without gbatemp getting into trouble

Last edited by Nyap,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
then why have any good reason to ban bios files from being shared any longer?
let me explain.
freeshop is an homebrew created by scratch by a guy in he community.. it doesn't have nintendo property inside it, neither nintendo code, nothing inside is owned by any company.
all the code and content in the freeshop cia is made by an user wich didn't copyright anything and freely distributed it to the comunity...

as for bios files.
it's sony property..
sony programed and created that code, it's copyrighted, maybe even patented, they own it and didn't give you permission to freely share it

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then why arent these "freeshop" posts being blocked and or moved to the iso sites? just saying...

Because facilitating piracy is distinctly different than providing copyrighted material (granted freeshop still probably falls under grey area, because facilitating piracy is still against the law in some countries, I believe).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0