Is it possible to have Hack Switch locally play with an clean Switch?

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As topic said, I'm wondering is there a way to have a hacked Switch (not banned yet) play locally with a clean Switch (Nintendo Lite)?

If so, how and where can I start it? I apologize if there were already something like this asked. I just want to make sure I'm filled in with up-to-date stuff before attempting anything. I am trying to connect both the Switches from different Pokemons Scarlet and Violet to play together. They can't detect each other sadly, which is why I am here.

I did searched it (maybe vague keywords) before posting and I have read something about Switch Lan Play but it's months ago. Is it recommended to still give that a try?

I can't link the two posts due to limitations on URLS I found but the first post I found linked to:
[Official] switch-lan-play -- created by Cubuss (no link)

Should I follow that guide? Is that guide up to date, and is it okay for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet? Or is there other guides I should go instead? I appreciate the help!

So far I don't see any bugs happening on the bought game (impressively) so I would like to do some transfers between each other.

Last edited by FantasyYeri,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
There are 3 ways that a Switch can connect to another Switch :
1. local lan play : you play over the local wifi network
2. local play : the switch connects directly without an accesspoint or wifi network.
3. over the internet using Nintendo's servers.

You can't use No 3 if you have a hacked Switch.
For Animal Crossingsand Mario Tennis, No 2. local play worked without any problems between a hacked and non-hacked Switch.
Both Switches do need to have the software and both need to be on the same/latest version.

When using No 1, you need some software that enables local lan play without using Nintendo's servers.
That is the link you mentioned.
But I don't see Pokemon mentioned in the list.
So maybe Pokemon just connects with local play.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-switch-lan-play.520912/

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did it a couple of days ago so they should be able to see each other so just make sure that both the switchs are on local connection mode and not internet mode.

Also make sure they are both on the same game version.

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you two for the response! But it lead to the same conclusion ;-;

LAN is OFFLINE, right? If so, I'm not sure what is going on.

Without trying option 1 and 3, they're both on the same WIFI. They're both game and console update. I tried to connect without the internet and it's the same.

I tried both the Poke Portal and visiting the Resting area and they're not working. It keeps saying there's no group exist.

Edit: I read a few Reddit posts that the Offline is NOT LAN. So.. how do I connect as LAN? ;o;

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I've done local play on my hacked Switch with several non-hacked Switches on multiple occasions. Worked every time. Make sure both consoles are running the latest update for whatever game you're playing. When it comes to actually doing the local coop activating it is different per game, you'll have to Google it. Mario Kart in particular is weird. As @thesjaakspoiler said there are two different local play modes and in Mario Kart you have to use a secret button combo on the menu to switch between them. On Duck Game it just works™. On other games you might have to do something else.

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean you tried the Pokemon Scarlet/Violet local connection?

I'm searching high and low and I don't see anyone or Google mention how to initiate the LAN. I'll try the forum with the LAN and see what I can do. ;w;

Edit EDIT: it turned out my phone connection can connect to each other:

I'll still work something around with my wifi, otherwise I'll be playing around on my phone. Thank you all for the response!!

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 3 ways that a Switch can connect to another Switch :
1. local lan play : you play over the local wifi network
2. local play : the switch connects directly without an accesspoint or wifi network.
3. over the internet using Nintendo's servers.

You can't use No 3 if you have a hacked Switch.
For Animal Crossingsand Mario Tennis, No 2. local play worked without any problems between a hacked and non-hacked Switch.
Both Switches do need to have the software and both need to be on the same/latest version.

When using No 1, you need some software that enables local lan play without using Nintendo's servers.
That is the link you mentioned.
But I don't see Pokemon mentioned in the list.
So maybe Pokemon just connects with local play.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-switch-lan-play.520912/
I’m not sure which Pokémon uses

But I know the Pokémon titles work without any adjustments or other homebrew

I’ve done it a few times when I finally got a retail system and wanted to trade my Pokémon over

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo