is it possible to have both os on supercard

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by sudeki300, Feb 16, 2010.

Feb 16, 2010
  1. sudeki300
    OP

Member sudeki300 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i know that the supercard ds one can run a few firmware's / operating systems and was wondering as anyone got the old style supercard firmware and the new evo firmware / operating system running on the same card. i suppose it would be done the same way as the others with certain button presses while booting up the ds. if anyone could let me know if this has been done or how to do this i would be greatfull

thanks for reading...................sudeki300

2. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Yes it can. Just put both firmware's on it. You'd launch EOS (autoboot), and then click on MSFORSC.nds to get into the old OS. To go back into the EOS, just soft reset.

3. em2241992

Member em2241992 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can actually use Bliss' triple loader to do it; just rename the new OS start file to SCDSOne.nds and rename the old MSFORSC.nds to TTMENU.dat and then it will take the place of DSTT operating system when you press x to boot. That's what I do and it works just fine.

4. sudeki300
    OP

United Kingdom
    thank alot for the replies.................sudeki300

5. PonchotheHonchkr

Newcomer PonchotheHonchkr Newbie

United States
    Don't want to start a new topic, so I'll just ask here since it goes along with it. :3

I have both OS's on my supercard. I want to use cheats in my game that are not on the EOS or don't work on the EOS. So I added the .scc cheats to my supercard, loaded up my game on the old OS, but my save file was not there. It was on a new game screen. Is there anyway that I can convert the save file so that I can play it on the old OS and then convert it back to the EOS?

6. Uncle FEFL

United States
    Unless you want to continually rename your .SAVs.

OR, you can rename your ROM to be eight characters so both OS's can read them. "Electroplankton.nds" is fifteen letters. You'd have to rename it to "Electropa.nds" or something else like that in order for both OS's to read it. The EOS creates a .SAV file with the exact same name. Therefore, if both .SAVs are "Electropa.sav," then the SAV is readable by both EOS's.

If you don't understand thus far, tell me. I'll simplify it.

EDIT: joedanger (from the SuperCard website) did say saves created by the old OS (like PokePl~1.sav, for Pokemon Platinum) can be renamed to "Pokemon Platinum.sav" and it'll be read by both OS's. He's pretty reliable, so try my way and his.

7. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    It doesn't always work, but it's worth the try.

8. sudeki300
    OP

United Kingdom
    i'm just trying this at the moment. do i just extract the eos files and copy them to the sd card root with the older supercard os files. or do they have to go some other way like the older os files inside the evo folders................sudeki300

9. Uncle FEFL

United States
    No, the way you said it was fine.

10. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    You copy SCFW.SC and _dsone to the root of your card. That's it, really [​IMG]