Hacking Question Is It possible to have a sx core with nothing on it

Starcatzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might be a noob question but when I was buying a sx core the modchip reseller I was buying from shut down and the only other place in Canada that wasn't $200 was aliexpress so I got it there and it came in a tin box and inside was the black box sx core comes in (no sx sleeve) everything was exactly like the original, shade of the bags where the same and even the staple. So I got someone to solder it and when I got it back it did the exact thing a normal switch would do but has the green light at the back (asked this on previous thread but this is a different question) I thought they forgot to connect the nand but when I called them they said they did so the only options I can see is either there is no files on the modchip which would explain why there is no grumpy sd card screen or the modchip is fake but the ladder is hopefully less likely because it still cost $80

Attachments

• Links because gbatemt won't allow linksin thread.txt
    214 bytes · Views: 172

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
do you have the debug usb

Attachments

• 20200701-153334.jpg
    20200701-153334.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 383

Starcatzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool! Was there a valid license on the chip?
No I don't think so it says "oh no the license.dat file on your microSD card is invalid for this switch console" which probably means it didn't. Any idea on how to fix it or where to buy a license

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,

Alsusee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I don't think so it says "oh no the license.dat file on your microSD card is invalid for this switch console" which probably means it didn't. Any idea on how to fix it or where to buy a license

You can try deleting the licence.dat file off the SD card (make a copy of it first just in case). Then put the SD card back in the Switch and power it on. When you access the album, it should say something about not having a license and it will put a file on the SD card.

Put the SD card back onto your computer and find the license-request.dat file. Send it to the activation link on the official website and you might get a license file back.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

is there a request_license.dat file on the sd card? or any dat file on root of sd card

Starcatzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried activating my license via the tx page it says its complete and I downloaded the license.dat file then I put it in my switch and it gives me the same invalid message I tried deleting the license-request.dat file and still same message and I can't boot ino sx os but with less features because I just get a black screen and I need to launch into emunand because I downgraded it with atmosphere
(I would try to use that but almost nothing works on it) . I'm pretty sure I need to buy a new license or find a way to boot into emmunand without a license because I doubt hat tx will update to 11.0.1 any time soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh