Is it possible to get WiiVNC to have sound?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by gigasguy, Jun 14, 2010.

Jun 14, 2010
  1. gigasguy
    OP

Newcomer gigasguy Member

United States
    If not, is there an application that will allow me to view youtube or hulu with sound (Other than the wii internet browser channel because it can't do flash)? Also, I use a QWERTY keyboard with UltraVNC at the moment, but punctuation always had problems, which is pretty annoying. Is this because I'm using UltraVNC, or is there no way to fix it? Thank you for the help.

2. kyle007

Member kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is VNC clients that support audio, but afaik WiiVNC doesn't work with them

3. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The latest version of the wii internet channel can play flash. I think it stopped working for youtube recently though.

4. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I view youtube xl on my wii withe Internet Browser, more or less daily, and I have never had a problem playing any of the videos.

I did notice that if I go to the normal youtube url, some videos did have problems, but through youtube XL those same videos played fine.

I am on 4.2e, with latest Internet Browser (I think, well it was latest when I re-softmodded my Wii in January anyway, and I dont think it as been updated since..). The other site mentioned by the OP I have not tried.