Hacking Is it possible to flash pasta to nand?

telespentry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before we get started, I don't give a shit about the brick chances. I get a n3ds in two weeks.

So is this possible? I don't like having to load up oot, activate hax, then open pasta just to be able to play cias. Also, what's so bad about installing cias to sysnand? Way easier to do it that way. I only use emunand for Smash and Pokemon Yellow as they don't run on 9.2.

To install a cia to emunand I would have to launch oot, load the emunand tool, clone sysnand to emunand, reboot, launch oot, load rxmode, then launch oot again, then launch NASA and install my cia. Then I would reboot, and launch oot again, launch rxmode, then do a sys update, then reboot again, launch oot, load rxmode then I would launch the game. I don't understand why anyone would install cias to emunand when it takes like 15 mins just to get to NASA (or fbi but it crashes my ds every time I launch it)

Last edited by telespentry,

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can't install pasta.

If you to load the system hacked, time to read the OTP guide, I just setup an o3ds for a friend running aureinand.

Then you can have CFW on boot and have updated firmware if you set updatedsysnand

Zengath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1.Just use menuhax + ctrbootmager to coldboot into pasta, with this you could also autoboot into emunand or the hbl if you prefer that.

2.The reason people prefer to install cias to emunand instead of sysnand, is because there is a certain risk of bricking your sysnand if the cia you install is corrupted.

3.To install a cia to emunand you just have to use FBI/BBM to install it? (I guess You dont have a cia installer installed to emunand right?)
Then you have to inject FBI/BBM into the health & safety app to emunand via decrypt 9 or flash your 9.x sysnand with FBI already installed to emunand.

Last edited by Zengath,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

telespentry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Just use menuhax + ctrbootmager to coldboot into pasta, with this you could also autoboot into emunand or the hbl if you prefer that.

2.The reason people prefer to install cias to emunand instead of sysnand, is because there is a certain risk of bricking your sysnand if the cia you install is corrupted.

3.To install a cia to emunand you just have to use FBI/BBM to install it? (I guess You dont have a cia installer installed to emunand right?)
Then you have to inject FBI/BBM to emunand via decrypt 9 or flash your 9.x sysnand with FBI already installed to emunand.

Well if it's on 10.6 I have to copy over my 9.2 sysnand ever time I want run a cia installer on emunand. I did not realize that ctrbootmanager could do more than boot into emunand. Thanks.

Zengath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well if it's on 10.6 I have to copy over my 9.2 sysnand ever time I want run a cia installer on emunand. I did not realize that ctrbootmanager could do more than boot into emunand. Thanks.

You dont have to flash your sysnand over every time, just install bigbluemenu or fbi via nasa or fbi from the homebrew launcher to sysnand flash your sysnand to emunand, and use your emunand from now on instead of sysnand.

that way you stay on the latest firmware and with menuhax you coldboot into emunand

Last edited by Zengath,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But then I cant run them because I keep emunand updated to use the eshop
What do you mean? You can run a title manager CIA in emuNAND regardless of whether it's on 9.2 or 10.6, since the CFWs used to launch it have Sig Patches.

telespentry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont have to flash your sysnand over every time, just install bigbluemenu or fbi via nasa or fbi from the homebrew launcher to sysnand flash your sysnand to emunand, and use your emunand from now on instead of sysnand.
But wouldn't NASA/bbm/fbi not work on 10.6? H&s injects refuse to install for me if that would work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you mean? You can run a title manager CIA in emuNAND regardless of whether it's on 9.2 or 10.6, since the CFWs used to launch it have Sig Patches.
How do I get into the homebrew launcher in emunand 10.6? Tried oothax and browserhax.

Zengath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But wouldn't NASA/bbm/fbi not work on 10.6? H&s injects refuse to install for me if that would work.
They dont work if you try to install them on 10.6 emunand via the hbl, thats why i said you should inject fbi/bbm into h&s.
Just search for a guide on how to inject fbi/bbm into h&s and try it again.

You have to use the 10.6 payload with oothax instead of the 9.x one so you can get into the hbl on emunand

Last edited by Zengath,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI/BBM/NASA/any other CIA installer you can think of 100% works on a 10.6 emunand.

H&S injection is probably the easiest way to get things working for you too. I get the feeling you've just been going about it wrong somehow.

Last edited by FenrirWolf,

telespentry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ctrbootmanager seems to be my best option. The menuhax installer actually worked this time so now I can actually make use of that.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To install a cia to emunand I would have to launch oot, load the emunand tool, clone sysnand to emunand, reboot, launch oot, load rxmode, then launch oot again, then launchNASA and install my cia. Then I would reboot, and launch oot again, launch rxmode, then do a sys update, then reboot again, launch oot, load rxmode then I would launch the game. I don't understand why anyone would install cias to emunand when it takes like 15 mins just to get to NASA (or fbi but it crashes my ds every time I launch it)

You don't have to do this everytime you want to install a CIA into emunand, who told you that???

FBI/BBM/Dev Menu/ all work in emunand 10.6, that's because everytime you load a CFW into emunand it will automatically patch the signature checks for you, emunand does not need to be in 9.2 to install a CIA.

So next time you want to install CIA files into emunand 10.6 all you have to do is launch FBI or BBM and install them...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1