Is it possible to flash pasta to nand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by telespentry, Mar 2, 2016.

1. telespentry
    OP

telespentry Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Before we get started, I don't give a shit about the brick chances. I get a n3ds in two weeks.

So is this possible? I don't like having to load up oot, activate hax, then open pasta just to be able to play cias. Also, what's so bad about installing cias to sysnand? Way easier to do it that way. I only use emunand for Smash and Pokemon Yellow as they don't run on 9.2.

To install a cia to emunand I would have to launch oot, load the emunand tool, clone sysnand to emunand, reboot, launch oot, load rxmode, then launch oot again, then launch NASA and install my cia. Then I would reboot, and launch oot again, launch rxmode, then do a sys update, then reboot again, launch oot, load rxmode then I would launch the game. I don't understand why anyone would install cias to emunand when it takes like 15 mins just to get to NASA (or fbi but it crashes my ds every time I launch it)

Last edited by telespentry, Mar 2, 2016
  2. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    No you can't install pasta.

If you to load the system hacked, time to read the OTP guide, I just setup an o3ds for a friend running aureinand.

Then you can have CFW on boot and have updated firmware if you set updatedsysnand

3. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    or just use menuhax, turn on the 3ds and wait for it to load instead of using ocarina of time every time.

4. Zengath

Zengath Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    1.Just use menuhax + ctrbootmager to coldboot into pasta, with this you could also autoboot into emunand or the hbl if you prefer that.

2.The reason people prefer to install cias to emunand instead of sysnand, is because there is a certain risk of bricking your sysnand if the cia you install is corrupted.

3.To install a cia to emunand you just have to use FBI/BBM to install it? (I guess You dont have a cia installer installed to emunand right?)
    Then you have to inject FBI/BBM into the health & safety app to emunand via decrypt 9 or flash your 9.x sysnand with FBI already installed to emunand.

Last edited by Zengath, Mar 2, 2016
    hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  5. Scarlet

Scarlet It's Basically Christmas

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    You should just install a Title Manager or FBI to emuNAND, or setup Arm9loaderhax, since that pretty much launches hax on boot.

6. telespentry
    OP

telespentry Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Well if it's on 10.6 I have to copy over my 9.2 sysnand ever time I want run a cia installer on emunand. I did not realize that ctrbootmanager could do more than boot into emunand. Thanks.

7. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    No you don't.

8. telespentry
    OP

telespentry Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    But then I cant run them because I keep emunand updated to use the eshop

9. Zengath

Zengath Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You dont have to flash your sysnand over every time, just install bigbluemenu or fbi via nasa or fbi from the homebrew launcher to sysnand flash your sysnand to emunand, and use your emunand from now on instead of sysnand.

that way you stay on the latest firmware and with menuhax you coldboot into emunand

10. Scarlet

Scarlet It's Basically Christmas

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    What do you mean? You can run a title manager CIA in emuNAND regardless of whether it's on 9.2 or 10.6, since the CFWs used to launch it have Sig Patches.

11. telespentry
    OP

telespentry Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    But wouldn't NASA/bbm/fbi not work on 10.6? H&s injects refuse to install for me if that would work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How do I get into the homebrew launcher in emunand 10.6? Tried oothax and browserhax.

12. Zengath

Zengath Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    They dont work if you try to install them on 10.6 emunand via the hbl, thats why i said you should inject fbi/bbm into h&s.
    Just search for a guide on how to inject fbi/bbm into h&s and try it again.

You have to use the 10.6 payload with oothax instead of the 9.x one so you can get into the hbl on emunand

13. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    FBI/BBM/NASA/any other CIA installer you can think of 100% works on a 10.6 emunand.

H&S injection is probably the easiest way to get things working for you too. I get the feeling you've just been going about it wrong somehow.

Last edited by FenrirWolf, Mar 2, 2016
  14. Zengath

Zengath Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Just look at how he installed cias to emunand before.

FenrirWolf likes this.
  15. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    After you've got a CIA installer injected into your emunand's H&S app, you can install a CIA that boots the Homebrew Launcher for you.

Last edited by FenrirWolf, Mar 2, 2016
    Zengath likes this.
  16. iAqua

iAqua

Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    You can use menuhax to autoboot Pasta if you really want to. Just dont install any bad cias.

17. telespentry
    OP

telespentry Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Ctrbootmanager seems to be my best option. The menuhax installer actually worked this time so now I can actually make use of that.

18. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You don't have to do this everytime you want to install a CIA into emunand, who told you that???

FBI/BBM/Dev Menu/ all work in emunand 10.6, that's because everytime you load a CFW into emunand it will automatically patch the signature checks for you, emunand does not need to be in 9.2 to install a CIA.

So next time you want to install CIA files into emunand 10.6 all you have to do is launch FBI or BBM and install them...

19. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  20. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Wait, does that work on emuNAND? It froze on a black screen when I tried from rxTools 10.6 emuNAND, so I assumed it relied on an exploit working.