Hardware Is it Possible to Factory Reset Gamepad/Clear Gamepad's Memory?

Haaaal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everyone, as the title says, I just want to factory reset my gamepad, or clear it's internal memory, ONLY the gamepad, from what I can see, it saves icon data from installed software for the quick start menu, also there is the TV remote option, that can still be used when the console is completely disconnected, so these settings must be stored somewhere

About the TV remote option, I now use a different TV from a local brand and it isn't compatible with this function, I tried but I really don't care about it anymore, I use the TV button for the Swap DRC homebrew app and the remote controls appearing on the screen every time I press it are really annoying, I just want to disable it but it seems that there's no way of doing it

About the icons on the quick start menu, I've installed some custom forwarders for a couple of homebrew apps and it always shows old icons there, I've tried everything, disabling it, uninstalling and reinstalling the forwarders, enabling it again, in different orders but nothing seems to work, I find this quick start menu really useful so I don't want to just disable it

I know it may sound weird, I looked everywhere but I couldn't find any info about this, as I said before, I tried everything, even desycning it, removing the battery, etc., but nothing seems to work, I don't want to factory reset the console only for this and I don't think I can find some other Wii U console near to test

There must be a way, has anyone else had an issue with this?

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I know it is an old post, Sorry for bring it back to life. I have the same question. Is this possible somehow?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great question!
For the IR not working on the "new" TV of the OP: There are different wavelengths used by remotes. The gamepad uses what 95% of remotes use but your new TV seems to use something different. So Just bad luck, sorry.

Now to the real question: AFAIK there are some guides to use out of region gamepads. Never looked into them but I guess these guides include reflashing (and that hopefully includes resetting) the gamepad. In case that doesn't work look into SCT but bei warned that I'm not at home, so no idea if SCT contains such an option and as always: SCT has a high brick risk in case you don't know what you do, so use it at your own risk!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the tv remote problem until i discovered the brand name on my tv is not the manufacturer and I found the pair code/name by googling them. It was while tho I can't remember the site unfortunately.

Regarding your icons, have you tried putting the forwarders on nand to see it they overwrite from there? A long shot but only thing not mentioned in the op.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over