Is it possible to extract audio from a wii iso?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by erolz, Dec 23, 2009.

Dec 23, 2009
  1. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Hi,

is it possible to extract audio from a wii iso? Can someone please explain how? Thank you

2. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Use WiiScrubber anyway the audio format does use special file formats (for some you can find converters) or just "big files" with the whole data in it so you would first need to unpack them (usually find the file table and write something to unpack it or if you are lucky there is already something out)

3. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Anyone?

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Something wrong with the answer from nIxx ?
    I don't think you have much other options.

You'll have more luck with google...
    (much chance someone else uploaded the audio files already)

5. Malice_

Newcomer Malice_ Newbie

United States
    Hello first post here. I need assistance on either what I believe are audio formats. I used wiiscrubber with collaboration of GameExtractor.
    The game is Crash: Mind Over Mutant NTSC

I am wanting to extract some game dialog. The archive that I have opened is "english.rcf" which contains ".rsd" files. I have tried google and results show that I use MFaudio or Winamp with cube.dll plugin, but neither had cleared the distortion in what I believe are the voices & as well other sfx. I had about 2 audio files that when the frequency is lowered I can kinda distinguish a voice.

Just to explain what files are in the other folders are files of the types: .bfig .blua .p3d .bnr .arc .bik

What I am ultimately looking for is some direction, whether it maybe an extractor/decoder/whatever. Honestly I just started a yesterday and this problem is just bugging me out.
    Thank you in advance for any help received.

[​IMG]
    Sorry if the image is too big, but the forum rules didn't state the limits on image use. Also no attachment functions.

6. Malice_

Newcomer Malice_ Newbie

United States
    Nevermind I found out.