Is it possible to emulate GC controllers in Wii games on vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by justinjustin7, Feb 4, 2015.

1. justinjustin7
    OP

justinjustin7 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2011
    United States
    This has been bugging me since nintendont started being able to use the gamecube adapter. I understand that this doesn't mean that you can just copy paste that code to work with Wii games. However, I'd think that it would be possible to inject a code that would work similar to how rockband on wii interpreted the input of the guitars/drums, but be tweaked to interpret the GC adapter. Or at least something along those lines.

I might be seeing hope where there isn't any, but with all the crazy hacks I've seen for the Wii I feel hopeful that it's possible.

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    It's definitely possible, just difficult. The issue is that Nintendont supported HID controllers from the get-go, while Wii games use specific hardcoded directs to IOSs and codes on-disk to use what it needs for just about anything, so patching a game to support the GameCube adapter would require patching said codes to either redirect to a cIOS or patched code, which takes a lot of time, and no one appears to be very interested as of right now.

3. justinjustin7
    OP

justinjustin7 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2011
    United States
    Ah, thanks for the reply, even though it was somber news. But I shall still hold out hope that someone will accomplish this task (seeing as how I definitely don't have the skills needed)

I can't wait for the day when on one console I can play Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M, and Smash 4 all with one controller :D