Homebrew Is It Possible To Emulate Gamepad To Be Classic Controller?

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Like the title of thread asks, is it possible?
It would be great to play Wii games and GameCube games on Nintendont using Wii U gamepad, emulating Classic Controller. Now that Wii U is hacked, I assume such hack should be possible to be made right?

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wii gams bought in the WiiU shop support that out of the box.

Then I am more than positive there has to be way with homebrew scene now existing both on Wii U and Wii to make this feature when playing Wii games from disc or loading them with USB Loader or with GameCube games on Nintendont.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only three games support it sin and punishment 2 xenoblade chronicles and Pandoras Tower. All the rest require a wiimote
Downloaded Wii games boot in a special vWii mode, and these games optionally boot in a mode which mounts the GamePad as a Player 1 Classic Controller.

It may be possible to make the system boot into standard vWii mode while doing this (or mounting the GamePad as P2, 3, or 4...) but what I would really love is the ability to mount the GameCube Controller Adapter as if it were native GCN ports in such a way that vWii can't tell the difference. But since Nintendo never did such a thing, that would have to be built basically from scratch, sadly. And who knows if it would even work with the level of system control we have right now? (Sure, we have IOSU, but vWii rechecks some stuff in such a way that blocks things like theming the system menu)

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Downloaded Wii games boot in a special vWii mode, and these games optionally boot in a mode which mounts the GamePad as a Player 1 Classic Controller.

It may be possible to make the system boot into standard vWii mode while doing this (or mounting the GamePad as P2, 3, or 4...) but what I would really love is the ability to mount the GameCube Controller Adapter as if it were native GCN ports in such a way that vWii can't tell the difference. But since Nintendo never did such a thing, that would have to be built basically from scratch, sadly. And who knows if it would even work with the level of system control we have right now? (Sure, we have IOSU, but vWii rechecks some stuff in such a way that blocks things like theming the system menu)

Emulated GCN ports do sound harder to acomplish but could hacked Wii U somehow modify vWii mode so when you normally enter in it without any eShop Wii game launched it can mount gamepad as player 1 classic controller?
As much as GCN emulated port and GCN controller support would be sweet, for starters I would like to be able to play 2D Wii titles such as NSMB, Rayman Origins, Klonoa,Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Epic Yarn, ect. with GamePad.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Emulated GCN ports do sound harder to acomplish but could hacked Wii U somehow modify vWii mode so when you normally enter in it without any eShop Wii game launched it can mount gamepad as player 1 classic controller?
As much as GCN emulated port and GCN controller support would be sweet, for starters I would like to be able to play 2D Wii titles such as NSMB, Rayman Origins, Klonoa,Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Epic Yarn, ect. with GamePad.
people already tryed and failled, its just too hard, maybe some day we can inject some wii games on wiiu e shop games but i doubt it.

D

Deleted User

people already tryed and failled, its just too hard, maybe some day we can inject some wii games on wiiu e shop games but i doubt it.
*sigh* It's not like they said they gave up or anything. They might still work on it, they don't need to report their every progress on that damn thing..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
*sigh* It's not like they said they gave up or anything. They might still work on it, they don't need to report their every progress on that damn thing..
there is no progress to report on it lol check github project page and such you wont find a single update on ages there so they arent even codding for it anymore nowadays.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to somebody who was looking on that all Nintendo did was redirect inputs, nothing special. The tricky thing is gamepad video output.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
According to somebody who was looking on that all Nintendo did was redirect inputs, nothing special. The tricky thing is gamepad video output.

I really wonder tho, why are Xenoblade and Sin & Punishment only titles that do that? 2D sidescrollers such as NSMB Wii and Kirby games still force you to play with Wiimote.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wonder tho, why are Xenoblade and Sin & Punishment only titles that do that? 2D sidescrollers such as NSMB Wii and Kirby games still force you to play with Wiimote.
Laziness? These games don't support the classic controller i think, so no direct input redirect, they would need to adapt things to the gamepad motion controls.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be fantastic if they could find a way to inject/implement/decrypt whatever 'special' IOS-like code/driver these Wii eshop games apply to vWii mode & make a special IOS vWii patch/inject that you could install to vWii permanently to allow the use of the Wii U Gamepad as a Wii Classic Controller (Pro) in anything that allows input as one.

It sounds simple when you put it like that, if you were to reverse engineer these Wii eshop titles... but either no one has explored the possibility in that angle with the current hacks & exploits we have now, or it's just not that simple. lol!

I hope it's just the former. This is probably the biggest breakthrough I want ever since I've owned a Wii U, so tired of the vWii mocking me with its 'The Wii U Gamepad cannot be used for Wii software'. :P

Reactions: OldClassicGamer

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It would be fantastic if they could find a way to inject/implement/decrypt whatever 'special' IOS-like code/driver these Wii eshop games apply to vWii mode & make a special IOS vWii patch/inject that you could install to vWii permanently to allow the use of the Wii U Gamepad as a Wii Classic Controller (Pro) in anything that allows input as one.

It sounds simple when you put it like that, if you were to reverse engineer these Wii eshop titles... but either no one has explored the possibility in that angle with the current hacks & exploits we have now, or it's just not that simple. lol!

I hope it's just the former. This is probably the biggest breakthrough I want ever since I've owned a Wii U, so tired of the vWii mocking me with its 'The Wii U Gamepad cannot be used for Wii software'. :P

I fully agree with you and thats why I hope same thing. There are so many Wii titles that could be played awesome with gamepad and its a shame they force me to pair Wiimote.

aplumafreak500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Emulated GCN ports are implemented natively in Nintendont. Which means we can "chain-load" the Gamepad as a GCN controller. (ie. Gamepad > Wii remote with Classic Controller > GCN controller)

GSBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulated GCN ports are implemented natively in Nintendont. Which means we can "chain-load" the Gamepad as a GCN controller. (ie. Gamepad > Wii remote with Classic Controller > GCN controller)

From what I understand, when you load vWii, you lose any means of communicating with the gamepad. The Wii U VC games (Xeno, Sin) that use the gamepad are running a cIOS that no one has been able to reverse engineer. Yet.

Reactions: TUWieZ

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only three games support it sin and punishment 2 xenoblade chronicles and Pandoras Tower. All the rest require a wiimote

It would seem that if we found a way to inject other Wii games into these Wii U rereleases, we'd be able to allow for Gamepad play for other Wii games that supported use of a classic controller. I don't know how feasible that is though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol