Is it possible to dump your game and inject it to another cartridge?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by stzy, Dec 4, 2016.

1. stzy
    OP

stzy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Canada
    Please don't spaz if this is something that's been visited or if it's just pie in the sky. Would it be possible to dump my copy of say, Pokémon Sun, and then somehow inject it into another 3DS game cartridge that I don't care for anymore? I have CFW but my girlfriend is on 11.0. The only reason she wants CFW is to play Pokémon so I told her I'd try to figure something out.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You can't do that. However since your 3ds has cfw you can get cfw on heres.
    First make sure you have a9lh. If you don't install it from here https://3ds.guide/
    Once it is on your 3ds you can do the dsiware downgrade to hack your girlfriend's 3ds with https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade

3. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Another option is to just buy her a copy of Pokemon Moon or Sun.
    It's only 40$, it's not the end of the world to actually buy a game.

Either that or do the DSiware Downgrade mentioned above, just bear in mind that the process will involve system transfering to her console, which will mean anything digital she has, she'll lose the save files for at the very least, and there's this whole annoying thing where you have to wait a week to do another transfer if you wanna put your NNID back on your 3DS.

4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    ROM = read-only memory. You can't write to this section of a cartridge.

5. stzy
    OP

stzy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Canada
    Unfortunately I have a n3DS and she's using my custom o3DS. Thank you for your input though!

Thank you for your input, as mentioned above it would be n3DS > o3DS which afaik is not possible? And yeah it's looking like I might just buy her the game... but thanks for opening up that whole new realm of possibilities for me eh lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh ok, makes sense. Thank you