Is it possible to dump switch roms without homebrewing my switch?

SamLovesCola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I want to get into switch emulation but since the console isn't discontinued I don't want to download ROMS of the internet. I also do not want to hack my switch since it's incredibly dangerous.

I've seen retro game dump tools and I was wonder if it would be possible to do something like that but with the switch?

if you can help that would be awesome!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I want to get into switch emulation but since the console isn't discontinued I don't want to download ROMS of the internet. I also do not want to hack my switch since it's incredibly dangerous.

I've seen retro game dump tools and I was wonder if it would be possible to do something like that but with the switch?

It's not incredibly dangerous to hack a switch and it's required to run any homebrew

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Reactions: binkinator

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need CFW to dump switch XCI/NSP

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not incredibly dangerous, just learn what you're doing and be careful.

I think you can dump digital games that are installed on your Switch without actually booting into CFW, using Hekate and Lockpick payloads to access the data from RCM mode, but that's still running a hack.

SamLovesCola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not incredibly dangerous, just learn what you're doing and be careful.

I think you can dump digital games that are installed on your Switch without actually booting into CFW, using Hekate and Lockpick payloads to access the data from RCM mode, but that's still running a hack.
hey thats close enough, thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't want to hack hack my switch
well there is a way to dump your switch roms but not possible to dump cartridge. You can use hekate to connect your eMMC to your PC and use tools like SwitchSDTool to dump all your downloaded games/dlc/updates that are stored in the sd card. No atmosphere or any CFW is required to use this tool. You just need to dump your keys using lockpick rcm and the rest you can figure out from the guide in the readme
https://github.com/CaitSith2/SwitchSDTool

Last edited by ezkitty,
Reactions: jkyoho

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forgot to mention you also want to use nxnandmanager to mount your eMMC so its readable for the SwitchSDTool. Otherwise you'll just waste time making a 32gb nand backup and feed it that or just read directly straight from your switch via usb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: did it happen?