Hacking Is it possible to Dub/Translate a Wii game?

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna translate Mobile suit gundam MS front 0079, so it'd be playable to the non-japanese, and since Mother 3 was translated, I wanted to know if you guys knew there was a way to do this for wii games.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably is possible. To start you would have to locate where the script is stored in the game. From their it is ripping the text translating it and placing it back into the game. Then begins the very long process of testing the game to amke sure you haven't created any bugs (translating isn't this simple it's just the basics (bare bones basics)). IN actuality you'll probably have to create a font with the roman alphabet and insert that into the game. So yes it would be possible to translate the game but it is not a simple process. So yes it definitely would be possible but very time consuming .

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really looking forward to monster hunter 3, which will be japan only. When the psp one came out it was translated quickly. Does anyone know if there is a guide to doing this?

lime_slusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
I wanna translate Mobile suit gundam MS front 0079, so it'd be playable to the non-japanese, and since Mother 3 was translated, I wanted to know if you guys knew there was a way to do this for wii games.
lol, just be lucky you know jappanese. I was going to download Negima!? Neo-Pactio Fight!! but I thought it might not be any fun if idk jappanese. If I knew it, I'd also just buy a jappanese wii and avoid half the hacking =p Oh, and good luck with th translation!

frostyfrosty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well actually when Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk (Jap) It was given the english subs that Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (USA) had on the iso and so the end result was Japanese dub with english subs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse