Is it possible to download and install collectible badge center on a US/EUR n3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Slasher115, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Slasher115
    OP

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    So is it possible to download a cia or a .3ds and have it installed on homebrew?

2. 730

730 Professional Shitposter

Apr 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Wouldn't that require a whole JP firmware though? AFAIK it modifies the HOME menu so I don't think it'd be compatible even if the app itself worked.

3. pyorin

pyorin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2013
    United States
    kansas
    I can't speak for n3ds compatibility, but I got it to work on my us o3ds with rxtools 10.0 emunand and ntr cfw 3.0 with the jp language plugin, without the plugin it crashes on boot. All the system menu elements are already present in english.

Attached Files:

SLiV3R, 730 and TheRivo like this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Sweet I may have to try this out. I expect it would work on n3DS too.

Edit: Works on n3DS with the 1.2 Badge Center update and 9.5 emuNAND, using Gateway.

Edit2: Problem. It looks like the ability to assign badges to folders wasn't added until 9.6, and since I'm on a n3DS I'm stuck on 9.5. Well, that makes badges a whole less useful.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Sep 18, 2015
  5. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    It does works on O3DS if you use it in .3ds format. I have some badges on 9.9 emuNAND. The only issues is that you can't use the applications badge like an application "shortcut", since it search for the japanese app. Also, you can't buy more play session, since it uses yen.

I have a problem tough. Since I tansfered my EmuNAND on my N3DS, my NID is unavailable. Is there any way I can use the same NID for 2 different 3DS? I can't use the application without an NID :/

6. BlueOnClues

BlueOnClues GBAtemp's Burgerpants

Banned
    Sep 15, 2015
    MIG Restaurant
    someone should create a homebrew app for the badge collector