Is it possible to download a USB-Loader from the Internet directly to Wii Homebrew??

Brian_Wii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi all,
I have just bought a Wii with no SD-card.
Was told that it was chipped many years ago so instead of an SD-card there is just a small flat-wire that goes inside.
Wanted to get the Homebrew and Wiiflow so I can run games from a USB-Flash or HDD.
Have found out how to download the Homebrew succesfully from the internet directly to the Wii using the DNS-setting.
Is it possible to also download a USB-Loader like Wiiflow the same way ?
If not, then please advise how to install it via USB-interface.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

from what I understand you don't have an SD card? :unsure:

So on your USB support (usb key or Recommend ==> external hard drive), format it in FAT 32 and place your homebrews , your loaders (as you will do on your SD) on your support, then go to HBC ==> press 1 on your wiimote and put "" USB device "", and voila you will see your homebrews appear.

Reactions: godreborn

Brian_Wii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello,

from what I understand you don't have an SD card? :unsure:

So on your USB support (usb key or Recommend ==> external hard drive), format it in FAT 32 and place your homebrews , your loaders (as you will do on your SD) on your support, then go to HBC ==> press 1 on your wiimote and put "" USB device "", and voila you will see your homebrews appear.
Hello,
Thanks for the assistance, it works so I can access my apps in Homebrew.
However, as the disk needs to be in FAT32 format, I have not succeded in putting any games on it.
Tried to setup a usb-hdd with a 10GB FAT32 Partition and the rest 200GB as a NTFS-partition for games, but then the Wii would not read the disk at all. Apps in Homebrew will only appear if disk is only FAT32....
Any ideas ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr