Homebrew Is it possible to downgrade to 4.5 after downgrading to 9.2?

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I was wondering if it'd be possible to downgrade to 4.5 (for the MSET exploit) after downgrading to 9.2 from 9.4.0-2x (I think it was 24?)? I mean, perhaps it could brick the 3DS after doing it or something.

To clarify: I had a 9.4.0-2xEUR O3DS (not XL) and I just recently downgraded it using SysUpdater (not SafeSysUpdater) to 9.2.0-20EUR. Could I downgrade to 4.5 (using Gateway software) or it'd brick or don't let me do it?

Thank you.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time i checked you couldn't downgrade just the mset alone on a o3ds and have it work for gateway 3ds and that it was only for n3ds.

Last edited by cvskid,

ggl0l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i'm interested in this too.
it's been answered that you can downgrade the mset, but original question was not.
so, can you (safely) downgrade full firmware to 4.5 w/ gw method after downgrading to 9.2 from higher f/ws?

D

Deleted User

What do you mean? Explain yourself, please.
rxTools 3.0 has a function to do that. The downloader doesn't work but I found the file in a youtube video. I have an O3DS 9.2 and can confirm that it works.
it's been answered that you can downgrade the mset, but original question was not.
so, can you (safely) downgrade full firmware to 4.5 w/ gw method after downgrading to 9.2 from higher f/ws?
Yes, but it is useless

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

To answer that:
Yes you can downgrade to 4.5 once you downgraded to 9.2 with the Gateway loader
I did it just for fun on my test system (O3DSXL (hardmodded))
- Updated from 9.2.0-20E to 10.3.0-28E
- Downgraded from 10.3.0-28E back to 9.2.0-20E
- Downgraded from 9.2.0-20E to 4.5.0-8E
- Upgraded back to 9.2.0-20E (because it's a test system and i see no point in having a 4.5 system if 9.2 can do all i want)

Note:
I do own a retailcart of CN and OoT + I can write those 2 games to my Sky3DS and use that as *hax entrypoint

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're correct on the bricking part. Whenever you downgrade, there is a chance of bricking. So long as you can hardmod or firmware backup, it's not a problem though.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is supposed to because you downgrade the MSET title and THEN you install your exploit. You can switch that way between rxTools MSET and Gateway MSET.
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ROP-doesn-t-work-with-downgraded-MSET-on-O3DS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/stuck-after-downgrading-mset-to-4-x.400909/

skidooelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:O seems like Gateway sucks compared to rxTools... But why having MSET if you can have coldboot?
Exactly. Only reason i can think of is so you won't directly boot into emunand if you are having issues with nintendo ds flash carts/games. It wouldn't b e a problem if gateway added features like that so for mset you have no choice but to stay at 4.x to run both gateway and rxtools through mset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2