Hacking Homebrew Is it possible to downgrade PSP 2.71 or....

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a PSP and the firmware is 2.71. Woulw I be able to downgrade it? I would like to be able to run homebrews on it AS WELL as play backups on it. From what I understand they best firmware to run backups and homebrews on is 1.5/1.6. Is there a way to do this? If not, what is the best way that I can go about running backups on it? Thanks in advance.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technically you can. You need someone to install a Undiluted Platinum modchip onto the thing to flash the onboard NAND assuming your psp isn't a Ta-082 and then uninstall the modchip and tada, 1.5. But no there are no softwares to downgrade 2.71 as of now.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technically you can. You need someone to install a Undiluted Platinum modchip onto the thing to flash the onboard NAND assuming your psp isn't a Ta-082 and then uninstall the modchip and tada, 1.5. But no there are no softwares to downgrade 2.71 as of now.
That’s interesting, you don’t have to leave the modchip in the PSP?
So you could have a group of people go in on a modchip & down
grade all the units with that one modchip. That could be cost effective.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
assuming you're well versed in installing the modchip, yes I suppose so. Although possible I don't see why one wouldn't leave it in afterwards because it's not an easy job to install the modchip and it's always a safe bet to have it incase you brick the original onboard firmware.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well im gonna call my friends tomorrow, i really do hope they havent upgraded to 2.80 yet
frown.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty hillarious to see that thread outphase posted....look @ the people posting the exact questions from when the first 2.5/2.6 downgrader came out....same questions, same comments.....it's like deja vu. All this because people refuse to read.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just downgraded my 2.71 to 1.50. Expect a full guide and review etc. from me tomorrow.
smile.gif

I'd make a suggestion as a "just to be safe" kind of advice, you might want to update to 2.0 real quick and downgrade to 1.5 using the mph downgrader (takes maybe 2 minutes) to ensure you have a clean 1.5 psp. Dark Alex's downgrader is a great feat no doubt but sometimes it runs into abnormalities with some homebrew and custom firmware mods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1