1. random_human_being_

OP random_human_being_ GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I don't have a firm hand, nor a lot of practice with soldering, so I'm afraid I'll make a mess if I solder a Teensy to the PS3 motherboard. On the other end, an E3 flasher is pretty expensive.

My question is: could I buy a NOR clip (one of those people buy as a replacement, to be used with an E3) and solder the Teensy to this one instead? That way, worst case scenario, I'd ruin a Teensy and a cable, without harming my PS3.

2. happydance

happydance GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I know you can use NAND clip with teensy if your PS3 is on CECHG and below since those are NAND PS3, but I haven't seen a NOR clip for teensy.

1st time I tried using teensy on a NAND ps3 is I remove the NANDs, solder it on a dead YLOD ps3 and read/downdgrade/write the NANDs from there and solder back the NANDs to my PS3, though I'm fairly confident on my soldering skills. And I also used the same teensy to downgrade a few NOR slim and fat ps3

Kinda pissed with my E3 flasher since after a couple of downgrades the clip broke, then I used the E3 board with solder points, after a couple of ps3's that the E3 flasher completely broke, that's why i'll just stick with teensy and it never failed me.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - soldering), downgrade, possible