Homebrew Is it possible to do OOThax without powersave?

joshaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! :) I have an old 3ds, with firmware 1.7. Just like what the title says, is there any possible way? I also don't own another hacked 3ds or DS, so that's out. Thanx in advanced guys :)

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do you have a friend with a 3DS on 10.6 or lower? That's as good as a Powersaves.

It doesn't even need to be a friend! It can just be a nice stranger!

joshaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. I live solo in Japan. and the kids here are afraid of foreigners :sad:. I just tot i could do it co'z I can get a used copy of OOT, really cheap :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you're unlikely going to find those in japan, since they like to be up to date. but if you did, you'd have to install homebrew channel on their console using the starterpack from smealum.github.io/3ds/ then use browserhax to enter homebrew channel, then use the oothax installer (should be in starter kit) to install oothax to your game.

careful, since 3ds isnt region free, you need oot game from your consoles region for this to work,

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat. if i manage to find someone with a 10.5 firmware, how can i do that powersave thingy?
What Clyde said - get homebrew running on the other console (get the starter kit and use Browserhax to get into it) then one of the homebrew apps included in the starter kit is OoTHax setup. You can use that to get the exploited save onto your copy of OoT.

joshaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't think that would be easy to do. the people here likes to "follow the rules". anyways, thanx for the replies :)

joshaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a dusty ds lite with R4 flashcart, dunno the version. how can i use it and by "saw" u mean cut a part of the cartridge?

Retro157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but how do i do it? Do i Need a new firmware for the New 3ds or do i just put the cartridge in there? If you explain it that would be great. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins