Hacking Is it possible to disable hdcp protection on ps3?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not from the system.

If you want rid of it, you'll have to buy one of the various chinese splitter boxes that strip it from ebay/amazon. Most don't advertise that they strip it, so you'll have to check comments/ask the seller/see what boxes others are using.

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont have an elgato but for my hd pvr rocket I used to use s video cable but then it stopped working and i could not find that same cable to order in uk so
I got this from amazon (because cant use hdmi direct because of the hdcp)
Portta 2 Port 1x2 Hdmi Splitter V 1.3b compatible c1.4 3D 1080p swither 5 8 PS3 XBOX360 DVD Blu-ray
it worked perfectly with my hd pvr rocket via hdmi

Dont think there is any other way to disable hdcp or bypass it etc...

only issue is that there can be various models of these splitters etc... and some can get updated

Last edited by AceLighting,

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know about cfw. But standard PS3s have permanent HDCP for all HDMI connections. No matter the content or resolution.
It may be bothersome to diagnose in some cases. The console unhelpfully does not inform or notify the user in any way, should HDCP fail. Just blank screen and silence.

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is not a method to break hdcp without spending money on a splitter? there are components to my ps3 but as sure as i know, components aren't supported on the hd60

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM