Is it possible to create a Ticket for a WAD if I know its ID4?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HNKii, Mar 7, 2014.

1. HNKii
    OP

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    I'd like to get the Dr.Mario Wiiware Demos from the NUS downloader, but it cannot be packed due to no tickets(the 0000000x files can't be U8 decompressed, that's wierd)

2. AwesomeMarioFan

AwesomeMarioFan RiiConnect24 Dev

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
  3. HNKii
    OP

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    I'm confused, if it's not just a WAD without a ticket, what would that be?:unsure:
    BTW, I was looking for that WAD simply because I don't have it on my Wii(Other wise I'll just do a entire nand dump and extract the WADs, that's how I do to preserve my Get Connected Video)
    According to a video, the friend demo is not sent the entire game data, but just a message, which leads you to the Wii shop channel and download the demo...
    I asked Nintendo of America if they could give me a Download ticket and they said no...

4. AwesomeMarioFan

AwesomeMarioFan RiiConnect24 Dev

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    A WAD file is created with a certificate, ticket, TMD, banner (A still image or a bunch of images to make an animated banner), and content. (Content being .app files.)
    Without the ticket, you couldn't pack a WAD file, which explains why NUSDownloader complains.
    As far as I know, there's only 2 ways on the Wii Shop Channel to purchase something, Buy it or Gift it - I never heard of messaging though. The download ticket didn't come with the message?

Nintendo of America won't give out tickets unfortunately. :P

More Information:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WAD_files
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ticket

5. HNKii
    OP

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    It's not a download ticket number, it's like a bookmark that leads you to a page, but that 'webpage' is inside the Wii shop channel

Edit: too bad I don't know any of my friends who has the demo version, and this site does not allow wad sharing, not even for this free software...

6. Wiimm

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    DarkMatterCore likes this.
  7. HNKii
    OP

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Thanks, but still can't pack a wad though. The cert file is missing.