Homebrew Question Is it possible to create a HB app that can toggle the warm-cool setting if the screen?

Deobulakenyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As the title states.

The v2 switch out now has a screen with warmer calibration. Could it be possible to set calibration screen temp via HB app or any other method?

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And how exactly would you intend to use that homebrew app on the v2 switch :P?? Or do you mean achieving this on the older switches? If so, the new switch has a hardware upgrade that allows the difference, otherwise nintendo would have just released an update. Either way you look at things, the answer is going to be no.

Last edited by Basketto,

FightingPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how exactly would you intend to use that homebrew app on the v2 switch :P?? Or do you mean achieving this on the older switches? If so, the new switch has a hardware upgrade that allows the difference, otherwise nintendo would have just released an update. Either way you look at things, the answer is going to be no.
Afaik it can't be hard to be able to change the color temperature of your screen, it's a software thing not a hardware thing

Reactions: Deobulakenyo

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Afaik it can't be hard to be able to change the color temperature of your screen, it's a software thing not a hardware thing

Again if nintendos upgrade is purely based on software, why is it not in an update? It makes absolutely zero sense. The new model has a screen upgrade afaik which relies on both the new software and hardware. Even calling it an “upgrade” is a little far fetched, considering it was done to make the screen more visible in sunlight outdoors.

Last edited by Basketto,

sayja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you'd want something like flux then that should be quite doable, as it's just software dependend...

Just the same as you could adjust the hue/colours on your TV to have less blue or more red/yellow...

Reactions: FightingPolygon

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's a bit of both. If the screen just naturally tends to produce warmer or colder colors and isn't capable of producing a pure white there's not much you can do.
I'm gonna assume that the screens in the new units are different. I don't think they do any sort of factory calibration.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Deobulakenyo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped