is it possible to convert ntr cheat.PLG to normal Text?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Hug0, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Hug0
    OP

Hug0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2016
    Hi there, is there any way to read inside of ntr cheat plugins.?

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    You can use a hex editor

3. Hug0
    OP

Hug0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2016
    it didn't work. I want to see what gameshark codes in plg file.

4. Obscenity

Obscenity Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    A more specific question would be "how to decompile NTR .plg".
    But you cant... not really, you can debug it and monitor what it changes, but why when just writing a new one is easier.
    Browse Fort42 for codes and just use those, or make your own codes using NTRs debugger feature.

5. eechigoo

eechigoo Gbatemp amphibian

Dec 22, 2016
    Mexico
    Hell
    this might work :v

1) open the sd

2) click the plugin

3) windows will tell you to either browse online to open it or to open it with a preinstalled microsoft software. Click the second option

4) click wordpad/notepad whatever.

Now edit the code from the pad.

idk if this works dont hold me responsible

6. Obscenity

Obscenity Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    lol, no, the .plg file is compiled C, it would look like this:

[​IMG]

Zidapi and eechigoo like this.
  7. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    You won't be able to because it's compiled C code.

You can't view the code within it in plain text, and definitely cannot view the actual code addreses back into plaintext.

If you use something like ollydbg or Aida64 to reverse engineer it, you'll just get assembler back - not the actual code itself (or memory addresses which is what you're wanting to find).

The only way to view the codes in the file is if you manage to find the source directly, not the compiled plugin file.

If you use wordpad to edit the file - you'll corrupt it. If you use a Hex editor - you'll only be able to view strings, not the codes themselves.

Last edited by zenamez, Mar 6, 2017
    eechigoo likes this.
  8. eechigoo

eechigoo Gbatemp amphibian

Dec 22, 2016
    Mexico
    Hell
    oh alright. sorry about that.

maybe if OP knew C? idk

9. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Well I didn't know why you were trying to convert them to text, but if you were just looking for what codes the plugin HAS, you can like I said, view them with a hex editor.

Attached Files:

10. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    The image you've given is the strings in Hex (he wants the codes themselves)...

Those aren't the codes/hex bytes he's looking for as they'll be bundled up amongst other code (which means he'll have to reverse engineer it to get the actual list of working codes (as they'll overlap each other if viewed in a hex editor)) and reverse engineering is NOT easy.

If he manages to figure out where the code starts and ends (nigh impossible unless he knows the first and last address of a code), they'll also be different (due to the compilation process) if the codes were stored in variables as the variable's contents will NOT be in plaintext (or a 1 - 1 representation) in the hex editor either (as per C's design).

OP: Your best bet is to still try and find an open source copy of it if possible. Unless you're a skilled reverse engineer, with access to OllyDbg and Aid64 - all you'll be able to do is read strings, not the actual codes which do the work.

Last edited by zenamez, Mar 7, 2017
  11. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That's what I thought he wanted, a list of codes available, not the actual codes. Just trying to help.

12. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    I apologize for my tone, but I've seen all too many times, people (who have little to no idea how these things work) go down the wrong path and end up wasting time on something which is impossible.

He mentioned in his second post that he wants the codes themselves, not the strings but without any of my last statement - that's impossible (and to be honest, not even worth it in the end. Too much work for something you could probably make a thread asking for them directly instead).

Last edited by zenamez, Mar 7, 2017
  13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2008
    Unfortunately it is the biggest weakness of the plugin system compared to other kinds of cheat systems, being unable to edit them on the fly (or make easy porting of codes by region) without the source among other things.