Question Is it possible to change ones username?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious if its possible.
The general response is unless you've a relatively major reason, or the change is only minor, no. But if it's something you're desperate for, try PMing the relevant staff member (you can check on the staff page).

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can change it by PM-ing a Admin or mod

The general response is unless you've a relatively major reason, or the change is only minor, no. But if it's something you're desperate for, try PMing the relevant staff member (you can check on the staff page).

yeah, a friend of mine changed his. I might change mine to pinky to reflect the other site I'm a part of, but I like godreborn more. ;)
I will update my status here if anything changes, and go from there.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
PM a supervisor with your case, and they'll decide whether you can or not.

Generally speaking, if you're a "well known" user with a lot of posts/generally "popular", usually changing your username isn't allowed. This is to avoid confusion on the forums from old posts and such. But it also depends on the supervisor.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually they will let you change your name if you have a very few amount of posts or want to capitalize letters in your name

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about xenforo (though I did look in the admin cp briefly on another site), but if this was a vb site, it's very easy to change the name. it takes literally no time, so I think the issue is many people asking to change their name.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Contact a SUPERVISOR, not a moderator.

And it all depends on reason, similarity to the old name, post count (aka how well known the user is) and so on.

It's not a technical forum issue, it's because it would be confusing for everyone if people changed usernames all the time.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured that was the reason based on my earlier post. I keep my avatar on both this site and psx-place so everyone knows it's me. fyi, I love pink floyd. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all