Misc Is it possible to change NNID account information after it's creation

Deleted member 571007

Dumbass
OP
Trophies
XP
So basically the reason for this is a friend of mine created an account and accidentally put 2016 as their birthday, thus disabling the ability for them to send friend requests. Normally I would tell them to generate a master key to bypass any parental settings in place however that doesn't seem to be their issue, as even allowing the account to accept / receive requests still fails as the account is deemed too young to be allowed to do so.

I've already stated to them I have my doubts about this even being possible as account information like this is probably pulled from the Server after account creation rather than being locally stored, thus making it not possible to circumvent. Even with that being said I was asked to make a thread to see if I would be proved wrong. (although hopes are still very low for this)

For a bit more information; they have full access to parental controls though like stated before that is not the current issue, nothing is disabled there. It's just the age of the given account being the offending issue. Like I explained to them in pseudo it most likely has an argument of something like this

If Account Age < 13
Disable friend requests():

while they can just create a new account (which I also think would be the easiest option) they would like to use the original one they created [this being the one that has the current issue described]

Once again, I highly doubt this is possible but it never hurts to ask.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why bump this? You added no value to the actual post, with no reason either. The information is stored on their servers, and there isn't any changing stuff of Nintendo's servers from an outside point.
If it's the system doing this and not server related, the information might be stored in the preserved.dat. I don't recall the exact location, but I think it's somewhere in mlc/usr/save iirc. I'm not home atm, so I can't look for it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, you can open that file with a txt editor. If it's server side, maybe try making an account on the eshop on the computer, then linking nnid to it. You can change your birthday there iirc, just don't know if it will carry over to nnid. I doubt it though.

Deleted member 571007

Dumbass
OP
Trophies
XP
BTW, you can open that file with a txt editor. If it's server side, maybe try making an account on the eshop on the computer, then linking nnid to it. You can change your birthday there iirc, just don't know if it will carry over to nnid. I doubt it though.
Thank you for contributing possible solutions, but the use-case in my post is no longer needed. The person I was asking for's console broke a few months after the post and they resigned to not get repairs.

That being said though at least possible solutions now exist for others who may have the same issue.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for contributing possible solutions, but the use-case in my post is no longer needed. The person I was asking for's console broke a few months after the post and they resigned to not get repairs.

That being said though at least possible solutions now exist for others who may have the same issue.
I must've been thinking of something else or got the names mixed up, but it's in the account.dat (birthday). it's located in usr/save/system/act/xxxxxxxx

1663284963675.png

it appears to be a hex value as well, because my birth is on the 19th. 13=19.

Deleted member 571007

Dumbass
OP
Trophies
XP
I must've been thinking of something else or got the names mixed up, but it's in the account.dat (birthday). it's located in usr/save/system/act/xxxxxxxx

it appears to be a hex value as well, because my birth is on the 19th. 13=19.

I have doubts as to whether or not this would actually change anything, but yet again no one's tested it. Good find though, I would assume this is basically a medium that gives the info to the servers but I could be completely wrong as I've never went into depth on all the details of how account info is handled.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)