Hacking is it possible to change iso discid...to avoid savegame problems?

davedeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is it possible to change the discid? i play guitar hero and have some custom disc and so the disc id are the same...so i have wrong points in the highscore etc.
how can i solve my problem? is there a tool out which can do this job?

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can but you need WBFSTool to do it i changed all my guitar hero 3 games only problem is you need to make sure you are careful in changing it.

RGHE52 = Guitar Hero 3 (U.S.A. / NTSC)

R = Consol (Wii)
GH = Game ID a.k.a GH=Guitar Hero 3
E = Region (E = USA, P = PAL, J = JAP) must leave what original is (i tried changing to other letter from E and it froze)
52 = Company that made game

So i would change the GH but be careful there might be other games with the ID you choose.

I changed the Company id on all the copies i have of guitar hero 3 but they all still share the RGHE save file.

davedeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok, it seems to work. but when i change more than the maker code is t possible to use different savegames or is there no way?

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think if you change the GH to something else it will make a dif save but if there is another game for instance

RGHE52 = guitar hero

example

RGBE52 = mario kart well you cant use GB this is just an example mario kart is really not RGBE52

davedeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok, thanks i try it. i change the id to rg1e52 and there is no other game with this id so it should work. thx...

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
starstremr said:
yes you can but you need WBFSTool to do it i changed all my guitar hero 3 games only problem is you need to make sure you are careful in changing it.

RGHE52 = Guitar Hero 3 (U.S.A. / NTSC)

R = Consol (Wii)
GH = Game ID a.k.a GH=Guitar Hero 3
E = Region (E = USA, P = PAL, J = JAP) must leave what original is (i tried changing to other letter from E and it froze)
52 = Company that made game

So i would change the GH but be careful there might be other games with the ID you choose.

I changed the Company id on all the copies i have of guitar hero 3 but they all still share the RGHE save file.

To clarify this after making my first GH 3 Custom today the safest way to not conflict with other save files is change the region letter. In my case i used RV1C01 and according to above the C in the region spot stands for custom and i have loaded it and it works.

R = Console WII
V1 = Game ID in my case Version 1
C = Region (in my case Custom)
01 = just random numbers

Hope this clears this up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...