Is it possible to backup saves from ds cartridges to Acekard 2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by TerrorOfDeath, Jul 10, 2009.

1. TerrorOfDeath
    OP

Newcomer TerrorOfDeath Newbie

United States
    Ok I just bought a Acekard and received it in the mail today. The reason I bought it in the first place was because I am addicted to Pokemon and wanted a action replay to unlock the events in platinum. Well I wasnt aware that Action Replay didnt work until i already bought the new dsi so now im in a pickle. I saw the Acekard 2i and saw that it supports action replay codes and its dsi compatible. I wasnt aware that the codes only worked for roms!

So my question, Is it possible to backup my save from my pokemon platinum cartridge to my Acekard 2i so i can use some cheats for a while and then transfer my save back to my cartridge? I also have one more question, if thats not possible does the pokemon platinum rom work on the dsi with acekard 2i and work over wifi?

This is my first post so forgive me if this is not very clear. I appreciate everyones help whatever the case. [​IMG]

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    No you can't because you have a dsi. Sav sender doesn't work with the dsi and other programs I don't know about so maybe someone could tell me if the other programs work.

The Ak2i with roms do work over wifi. Provided they use wifi for something.

3. TerrorOfDeath
    OP

Newcomer TerrorOfDeath Newbie

United States
    Then can i trade a pokemon from my game cartridge Pokemon Platinum to another DSi with Acekard 2i(Pokemon Platinum ROM)? [​IMG]

4. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When I started using my DSi as my primary gaming device, I ran into the same problem. Without a slot-2 device or other easy solution I did some research. There is a device that works with Windows computers (I use it on a Mac via Parallels) that will read/write SAVs from retail carts. It has worked flawlessly for me, even with some retail carts that would never work via SavSender or Rudolph's utilities. It even gets around the problem with Pokemon Platinum's dual/backup SAV slots.

The device is called the NDS Backup Adapter.
    [​IMG]
    I purchased it from ConsoleSource for $19.95 and you can check it out here.

That depends. When you trade Pokemon, they gain experience differently and depending on how many badges you have, may not listen to you. Best bet is to find a way to get your SAV file to your Acekard.

5. tops2

Newcomer tops2 Member

United States
    There was a homebrew before that I tried, but I don't remember the exact name. I think it was something like NDS FTP or something like that.

I don't think the program is for the faint of heart to use though. I remember I had to change my router from WPA2 to WEP encryption (or temporarily disable router encryption), then set up my laptop to be a FTP server, then load up and configure the NDS FTP program, enter the correct setting & fpt address then start the connection. Part of the through, I put in my legit games (ie: animal crossing), then was able to transfer the save to the laptop.

If that sounds like too much work, then I'm not sure how else to transfer the save files aside from the previous posts.

6. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have used Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool to load and backup the save data from and to my NDS carts.
    You have to set up a basic FTP Server to do it. I used this guide from Monroeworld to set it up.
    I followed it and it works well with my DS Lite. You have to setup your Wifi from a wifi capable game cart/rom. I've been able to dump my own games with it and backup and/or erase saves off of my genuine DS carts. Very handy for getting rid of the save data off of FF3 DS and Lost Magic carts.