Is it possible to backup an app to the SD card?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by joelcanciones, Feb 2, 2017.

1. joelcanciones
    OP

joelcanciones Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2017
    Mexico
    Hi: I installed a game using freeshop and I would like to know how to backup it to de SD card as a CIA file or something so in case I need to format my SD card or for some reason I want to uninstall the game I can reinstall it later and have it as well backed uo in my PC. Thanks for your help. Also the game dows not appear in JKSM so I cannot backup the save file. Why could this be? How do I do these 2 things with the game I want which is Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo?

Last edited by joelcanciones, Feb 2, 2017
  2. Ichiriki

Ichiriki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2016
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I believe BrainDump can do this... But it seems complicated. Never used it myself.

4. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    If you do generate a CIA from your 3DS you must remember that a truly complete backup (that is, game+save) you will have to resort to either savedatafiler or jksm to dump your saves. The CIA will have only the app, not the saves.
    Also, a faster way to generate CIAs is to use apps like https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...p-content-super-easy-and-fast-2-1-fix.376941/ to generate and store the CIA directly on your computer, instead of slowly downloading to 3DS, slowly generating the CIA on 3DS and having to copy back from 3DS to PC.

5. Charganium

Charganium Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    To make the game show up in JKSM, you have to use the Refresh Games option.